Vidaloop is changing the way Americans understand the political landscape and how it relates to them.
Why do you want to work at Vidaloop?
- Make an impact. So many Americans don’t exercise their right to vote because it’s difficult to get unbiased information on candidates and exhausting to track if their vote is truly making a difference. Vidaloop is aiming to solve this problem and increase voter turnout through our civic engagement platform, Voter.
- Work with a modern tech stack. Microservices, Serverless, Typescript, and NoSQL aren’t just buzzwords. At Vidaloop, we’ve leveraged modern technologies on top of AWS to build a robust decoupled architecture that can grow with us. Constant integration and automated deployments ensure that we spend our time building products instead of checking for regressions or fiddling with AWS configurations. We provide a technologically advanced environment with new Macbooks, ergonomic keyboards, and electronic height-adjustable desks.
- Culture of freedom and responsibility. We hire motivated and intelligent people who are excited about the problems we’re solving and do great work. This means you won’t be micromanaged and you can choose the hours you work.
- Shape the company, grow with us. Get in on the ground floor of a rapidly-growing startup. We’re looking for talented, well-rounded people to help us shape our company culture and blaze a trail in the civic tech space.
Vidaloop is not your average startup.
- Experienced leadership team. Our founders have over 25 years of experience each in the technology space. They’ve started, scaled, and sold startups, created and managed enterprise software products for Fortune 500 companies-- and everything in between. With decades of leadership experience under their belts, they know how to coach employees and cultivate effective and enjoyable company culture.
- Financially stable. As an experienced team, we prioritize financial stability and prepare diligently for the road ahead. Instead of spending money on over-the-top offices or lavish company events, we invest in our employees and secure a comfortable runway for all of us to build and scale products until we reach profitability.
- Robust benefits. Vidaloop proudly offers comprehensive health plans (80% coverage for employees, 75% coverage for dependents), company-paid life insurance, flexible work hours, generous PTO, paid holidays and sick leave, parental leave, and a fully-stocked kitchen with beer and wine. To us, being small doesn’t mean skimping on the health and wellness of our employees.
Check out our product, Voterly here: https://voterly.com/
Vidaloop is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
At Vidaloop, our goal is to build solid, scalable software that will make a positive impact on the world. You can view our product Voterly, here: https://voterly.com/
We’ve built out a solid architectural foundation on a modern stack. On the client-side, we use modern Angular and native script to write web and mobile applications that are modular, performant, testable, and tested. Leveraging native script allows us to write core business logic once, while still building truly native apps using our knowledge of web technologies.
On the server-side, we utilize the serverless framework to automatically deploy a series of microservices that serve our web and mobile clients. All of our microservices are written in typescript and express with good (80%+) test coverage. The microservice approach allows us to practice great separation of concerns and write decoupled code, and we’ve built an event/messaging system on AWS SNS to drive communication between services.
At the data layer, we use DynamoDB for its incredible performance and ability to scale with our products.
At Vidaloop, we’re proud of our tech stack and excited to improve it. Working with us offers a great opportunity to dive into the exciting world of serverless microservices using state of the art languages and technologies.