Manager, Content Strategy - Latin America (Spanish)At 1021creative
1021 Creative is looking for a Manager of Content Strategy to oversee our Latin America team in delivering editorial and research services related to trending videos for our client. This role will guide the LATAM team in curating, analyzing, researching and building stories with online video content.
The Manager will participate in collaborative problem-solving, with the ability to find innovative solutions through conversation and exchange of ideas with the 1021 Creative team. A strong ability to foster open and timely communication across multiple time zones and cultures is essential in this role.
The Manager, in collaboration with the Director of Content Strategy - Americas, acts as the main point of contact for Spanish language specific requests from our clients. This role will participate in the creation and maintenance of guidelines for LATAM projects and ensure those guidelines are being followed. The Manager will work to support the team’s growth and success in their current roles, as well as guiding team members through any challenges they may face.
We are a fast-growing Content Curation and Marketing Agency made up of pop-culture fanatics whose obsessions and skills are as varied as their locations and backgrounds. As we’ve grown, it’s become a priority to maintain a sense of community and culture. As a member of the 1021 Creative team, we would be looking to you to continue to foster our culture initiatives, which center around empathy, collaboration, work/life balance, diversity, and inclusion.
About 1021 Creative:
Our team is comprised of compassionate artists, DJs, writers, musicians, and collectors. But our approach to curation and content marketing values technology and metadata as much as taste and talent. We balance art with algorithms and use real-world data to create experiences that build trust, build revenues, and build brands. With more than 80 pop-culture obsessives working in 15 different countries, our services include editorial curation, product development, social media, and consulting.
- Manage the LATAM team
- Ensure that all deliverables and timelines are clearly defined and communicated to the team
- Draft, manage and update project documents, helping to build out workflow, process and timelines for all project needs
- Add new projects, manage existing projects, and assign tasks in the 1021 Creative Project Management Tool regularly
- Track deliverables, including all internal and client facing research and reports
- Assist with client contract renewal discussions
- Manage schedules for all of the LATAM team members including coverage for holidays, vacation, sick time, etc. as well as hourly allotments per week
- Train the LATAM team on the 1021 Reviewing & Editorial Guidelines, how to use the client software tools, and on any other related documents and tools directly used to review the Spanish content
- Create processes for maintaining, updating and getting clients approval on guidelines for Spanish video content review
- Attend weekly meeting with 1021 Director of Content Strategy - Americas
- Provide reporting as requested by clients
- Review Spanish client work to ensure that the team understand the editorial goals, and support team by making improvements in those processes as needed
- Self-assign a minimum of one Spanish content review shift per month
- Participate in developing feedback for larger Americas team on specific country trends
- Field any additional requests from client and submit for approval to 1021 management
- Conduct weekly team meetings as well as weekly touchbases with the client
- Conduct one-on-one weekly (or bi-weekly) meetings with each content strategist
- Work with content strategists to make sure they are compliant with 1021 Creative policies, including confidentiality and employee conduct
- Facilitate each content strategists growth through reviews, advocating for raises and bonuses where appropriate
- Partner with HR to maintain documentation regarding successes and areas of development for coordinators
- Assist with interviewing new LATAM content strategists, getting them onboarded and set up in client systems
- Must be fluent in Spanish and maintain a cultural awareness of the current issues and trends in LATAM
- Represent 1021 Creative’s culture through leadership of our teams and with our clients
- Special projects as needed
What we’re looking for:
A creative, curious, and empathetic human with
- Experience leading projects & managing teams
- Journalistic/Editorial background
- Comfort in fast-paced environments where tasks and guidelines can change quickly
- Fluent verbally and written in Spanish and English
- Strong cultural expertise in LATAM
- Strong familiarity with memes, hit songs and content trends in Pop Culture: Music, Gaming, Film, and TV
- Familiarity with popular social media platforms: TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Clubhouse, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work in Google Suite
These are not required skills, but can be helpful in the role
- Experience in content curation
- Comfortable working with data and statistical analysis
- Paid time off for Holiday and Vacation
- Christmas Bonus
- INFONAVIT Contributions