Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 7M users across 90k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised $73 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, the Slack Fund, and the founders of Instagram, Figma, and Front.
We’re looking to add a Senior Data Engineer to our growing Data team to help us build the data foundation that will enable data science and analytics to derive insights and build models that will unlock the next stage of Loom’s growth.
You will be collaborating with the data team, engineering team & stakeholders across the company to build the foundation of our data infrastructure. You will take ownership of the transformation layer from raw data to the models that drive all critical analysis and dashboards across the organization. We are looking for a SQL wizard trained in the arts of performant & well-documented query writing, a Python expert, someone who puts data quality first, and someone that can translate business problems into technical models that drive actionable insight.
- Help build data foundation, data pipelines and ETL that enable the creation of insightful automated dashboards and data visualization to track key business metrics.
- Partner with data, engineering and business teams to translate business problems into technical projects and infrastructure that drives business results.
- Drive table design and architecture, transformation logic and efficient query development to support the growing needs of the data organization.
- Automate analyses and data pipelines while building scalable data infrastructure, to enable self-serve dashboards and automation of product experimentation results.
- Create and manage Data Integrations between the Snowflake Data Warehouse and 3rd party tools such as Salesforce, Zendesk, Intercom, etc.
- Develop testing and monitoring across the transformation layer to ensure data quality from raw sources and all models downstream.
- Build out documentation that supports code maintainability and ultimately a Data Dictionary that makes data accessible to the whole company.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years experience in a data engineering or data science role
- Strong communication skills to work with stakeholders to translate business needs and ideas into tractable technical work items.
- Proficiency in SQL and database table design - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets.
- Experience with ETL tools such as Airflow or DBT.
- Proficiency in Python and/or R
- Experience working in the command line and in git workflows.
Perks at Loom:
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
* Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
* Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
* Long-term disability insurance
* 401(k) with 4% company matching
* Professional development reimbursement
* Mental health and wellness reimbursement
* Gym reimbursement
* Unlimited PTO
* Paid parental leave
* Remote work opportunities
* Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.