Yumi Headquarters, Remote
Based in Los Angeles, Yumi is a nutrition brand transforming the way parents approach mealtime with healthier meals and content tailored to your baby and delivered direct to your door.
A passionate team of parents, nutritionists, engineers and people who are simply committed to a healthier future, we were appalled by the glut of highly processed, nutrient poor options at the grocery store. We believe families deserve better options especially for the first 1,000 days -- a period recognized by the scientific community as the most important period in a human's life for nutrition and development. Through nutrition and content rooted in science, we want to help parents connect the dots between food and development and raise the standards of the entire market for childhood nutrition. We're well-funded, rapidly-growing and sparking a national movement that's transforming a $48 billion industry.
If you're stoked by our mission and have an entrepreneurial-go-get-em-fire, we'd love to add you to the fam. Let's raise a healthier generation together!
- Since launching in late 2017, Yumi has become a leader in childhood nutrition, with extensive coverage in the New York Times, New Yorker, CNN, Fast Company, goop, Vogue, WSJ, Food & Wine. We've also backed by some of the top luminaries in consumer, including the founders of Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, Uber, Allbirds, Casper. You'll have access to Yumi's extensive network of company advisors, who represent some of the most notable names in the tech industry.
- Equity Opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Benefits (health insurance, dental, vision insurance)
- Stocked kitchen: drinks, snacks
- Regular fireside chats with industry leaders
Test and Reliability Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. You'll work side by side with Software Development Engineers and Product Managers to develop features and work with groups such as User Experience Design and Customer Support to understand customer usage models to develop your test plans and test suites.
In your position, you will:
- Work with developers, product managers, and QA team members to achieve a high quality bar for your feature and team
- Review, develop, and run automated testing scripts tools or related testing applications
- Create test strategies and methodologies for new features, test case development and hand-off to the regression team for execution
- Propose innovations, features, new projects and solutions to interesting problems
We're looking for someone with:
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- Experience using CI tools such as CircleCI, Jest, Mocha, and Cypress
- Familiarity With Databases such as MySQL and Postgres
- QA experience on multiple platforms
- Familiarity with mobile application testing and or development (IOS and Android)
- Driven to understand technical specifications and analyze log files to track down and isolate issues
- 2-3+ Years at a rapid growth startup
Yumi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) in all our employment practices to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, genetic information, marital status, military status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws. This includes prohibiting unlawful discrimination against those associated with or perceived to belong to a protected class, whether or not an employee actually falls into such class. Yumi's EEO practices are upheld in every location that it operates and in all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, recruiting, placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, recall, training, and leaves of absence.