The mission of the Frontend Web Developer is to thoroughly understand Linode's goals and audience and create a captivating experience via our consumer-facing website via interactive forms and tools.
- Identify, uphold and apply Web engineering best practices
- Implement Web design principles to ensure our websites are performant, accessible, and provide the ideal user experience on devices of various sizes.
- Collect specifications from designers, product marketing managers, and other internal teams to iterate on design and implementation
- Assist in the development of applications & features that will be used by customers and internal teams
- Work with APIs and API teams to build and deliver new experiences
- Ability to create websites with a fluid and responsive design based on a clean, modern, user-friendly design.
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Expert knowledge of PHP and WordPress
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner
- You are a self-starter, like working independently, and like to take ownership of what you create.
- Experience applying accessibility use cases, standards, and how to best integrate accessibility into websites.
- Minimum 2+ years of hands-on professional web application development experience with design experience being a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Programming/Systems Engineering, comparable technical discipline, or equivalent work experience is preferred.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from ten data centers in regions spanning North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful, and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.