Addepar provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for the product experience of Addepar’s Investor Portal and Mobile applications, including planning, creating, and delivering product capabilities. The Senior Product Manager is required to define product vision, set strategy, and lead a cross functional team in a manner that enhances their efficiency and productivity.
- Possess a deep understanding of your product in terms of its users, business value, technical landscape, data, vendors, and how it relates to other areas of the larger Addepar system
- Identify appropriate users, stakeholders, competitors, and market trends from which to elicit input and draw inspiration
- Define, document, and communicate goals and purpose for your product, particularly for the future 6-18 months
- Drive innovation and inspiration via Positioning Statements and OKRs that convey your vision and goals to your stakeholders and cross-functional team
- Define initiatives in terms of measurable user outcomes and focused problem spaces
- Engage the cross-functional team in Lean UX exercises that build deep empathy for users and shared understanding of their needs and pain points
- Collaborate cross-functionally to devise creative and testable solution hypotheses, identify relevant assumptions, and perform validation experiments geared toward addressing those user needs and pain points
- Ensure there is clear, comprehensive, and accessible documentation capturing all Product Thinking discussions and decisions
- Break down vision and problem spaces into achievable increments of value delivery via backlog management
- Build consensus with the cross functional team to prioritize increments of work based on level of effort, interdependencies, and other relevant criteria
- For increments prioritized for upcoming sprints, collaborate with the cross functional team to uncover and capture the detailed requirements, acceptance criteria, etc. necessary for the team to deliver the increment
- Identify changing company, business, market, and technical needs and pivoting strategy as needed
- Gather appropriate feedback regularly and translate it into data-driven product decisions that inform your prioritization process
- Coordinate with other cross-functional teams to manage interdependencies between products, collaborate on trade-off analyses, reduce duplication of effort, increase code reuse, and maintain seamless user experiences; ensure other teams have the necessary requirements to meet the needs of your own team
- Establish quantifiable success metrics for your product and strategies to track them
- Maintain a product roadmap that reflects your vision; plan work accordingly, identify and advocate for the resources needed for your team to accomplish the roadmap; ensure product roadmaps are complete, up-to-date, and accessible to the company
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to ensure your solutions are positioned in the market according to the workflows they are intended to support
- Help support clients and field inquiries
- 7+ years of relevant work experience and education that demonstrate proficiency in product management and user workflows (specific to financial and wealth management workflows is a strong plus)
- Practical knowledge of agile thinking and lean practices; creative (non-dogmatic) with project approaches, willingness to experiment, and ability to guide teams toward activities and processes that best suit project goals
- Ability to identify the appropriate tools and techniques to accomplish objectives
- Ability to perform basic Project and Scrum Management tasks (assigning tasks to team members; ensuring designs, requirements, and other inputs are ready when needed for work to begin; leading agile ceremonies, scheduling increments in the necessary order to manage dependencies, managing WIP, managing expectations with Account Managers, lining up beta, addressing impediments, leading agile ceremonies etc.)
- Ability to set your team up for success through leadership, sense of urgency, accountability, and initiative
- Ability to partner with a variety of stakeholders (from highly technical to non-technical business colleagues) and work in a cross-functional setting
- A confident and positive attitude with low ego; high degree of ingenuity, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills; ability to work within ambiguity
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Founded in 2009 by Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC, the company's platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company's platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. All brokerage services offered through Acervus Securities Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds, and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.