Perry Street Software is Jack’d and SCRUFF. We are two of the world’s largest gay, bi, trans and queer social dating apps on iOS and Android. Our brands reach more than 20 million members worldwide so members can connect, meet and express themselves on a platform that prioritizes privacy and security.
Perry Street is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are hiring experienced Dev Ops / Site Reliability Engineers to help us build the next-generation version of Scruff and Jack’d. We are a small, agile, nimble company, so the ability to make an impact is significant. The position is permanent and full-time.
What you'll do:
- Maintain a complex backend which processes more than 350 million web server requests per day
- Maintain and monitoring deployment, orchestration, of the servers, docker containers, databases, and general backend infrastructure
- Able to troubleshoot complicated, cross platform issues handling OS, AWS, networking, database
- Keeps up-to date with security and is able to proactively identify, diagnose, and solve complex security issues
- Be available for on-call support issues ensuring our currently extremely low on call rate
- Be a good communicator with a remote team
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of Dev Ops and/or Site Reliability experience
- Strong knowledge of AWS, Docker, Databricks
- Strong coding experience in Ruby, Python, or similar language
- Strong sense of ownership, ability to work independently, and proven track record of driving products
- Shipped and maintained consumer software
Nice to Have:
- Support complicated big data infrastructure and pipelines
- Understand orchestration layers like Kubernetes, AWS Fargate, and AWS ECS
- Understand CI/CD infrastructure specially AWS CodeDeploy and CodePipeline
- Can develop Ruby Rails, Sinatra server backend code
- Has experience with some client facing Android / iOS development using Kotlin / Swift
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.