Adwerx, an Inc. 5000 fastest growing private companies four-time honoree, is dedicated to helping businesses of any size achieve their digital marketing goals. Our innovative platform allows our customers to effortlessly deliver hyper-targeted advertising on social media, streaming TV and premium websites with the power of industry-leading, turnkey automation. We're committed to creating the simplest solutions and best experiences, leaving a positive wake wherever we go. We also have an award-winning benefits package, were rated as one of the Triangle Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and is headquartered in the heart of Durham, NC.
See how we're disrupting digital marketing and why we've been awarded several best places to work awards.
About the Role:
The Director of Finance will report to the CFO and will lead our accounting and FP&A functions. You'll be integral in building rigor and operational excellence into how we approach accounting, reporting, and financial planning and will be responsible for improving our accounting and finance systems and processes. In addition, you'll collaborate with the CFO on our strategic finance initiatives.
What You'll Do:
- Be responsible for all aspects of FP&A in collaboration with our CFO and Accountant, including GAAP reporting, financial systems, tax, and financial compliance to accurately reflect the financial position of the Company at all times.
- Develop, maintain, and utilize the appropriate financial systems, tools, and resources required to support all of the financial planning, management, and reporting needs of the business.
- Oversee the month-end close process and manage the monthly internal and external reporting processes, including budget and department reporting.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and increase efficiency.
- Lead our annual audit, tax, insurance, and compliance requirements.
- Manage cash, debt, and the associated bank accounts, etc.
- Manage taxes, state registrations, etc.
- Min 5+ years FP&A experience (MBA/CPA preferred, not required)
- Strong financial modeling and technical accounting experience
- Experience with managing and conducting internal audits
- Experience with Intacct a plus; experience with SQL and/or Tableau a plus
- Ability and desire to be hands-on and apply systems and process thinking
- A data-driven approach to decision making, with advanced analytic, modeling, and forecasting skills
- Start-up readiness - you are ready to wear a lot of hats, even those not listed above
- Strong analytical, communication and written skills required
- Growth mindset- you are ready to leave a footprint and want to work in an environment where creativity is encouraged and innovation is expected!
About Our Benefits And Perks:
- Competitive salary and potential for equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options (100% of basic plan premiums paid by company)
- 401(k) plan with a company match of up to 4%
- Option to work 100% remote or from our Durham office when it open back up
Inc. 5000 - 2017 (inc. 500), 2018, 2019, 2020
Inc. Best Places to Work- 2018, 2019
Triangle Business Journal Best Places to Work Award - 2019, 2020
Triangle Business Journal Fast 50 - 2017, 2019, 2020
Triangle Business Journal Innovation Awards- 2018 (Jed, our CEO)
NC Mid-Market Fast 40 Awards - 2018, 2019