Aptive is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to implement best in class engineering strategies to support a large distributed clustered AppDynamics, Dynatrace and Splunk environment consisting of Search Heads, Indexers, Forwarders, Splunk Enterprise Security (ES) app spanning security, performance, engineering, and operational roles.
We are looking for Engineer who not only understands the fundamentals of designing scalable platforms, but also has a passion for architecting, building, and evangelizing infrastructure solutions.
This senior-level, full-time position is a REMOTE opportunity.
- 10+ years of experience in a professional environment.
- 5+ years of experience in an AppDynamics or Dynatrace engineering role.
- Experience in data engineering with AppDynamics for both ingestion and extraction.
- Experience with maintaining AppDynamics and its underlying infrastructure.
- Experience with Windows and Linux OSes, services, daemons, containers, and VMs.
- Experience with troubleshooting and identifying root cause issues.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with application teams to modernize applications where appropriate and support cloud integration efforts with AppDynamics .
- Knowledge of fundamental data structures, algorithms, and other computer science basics
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Strong customer interaction skills and a demonstrated ability to work with various stakeholders—including government Senior Executives—across multiple tasks.
- The candidate will build and operate automation tools, services single-pane-of-glass dashboards that directly impact the productivity of our client's organization and production platforms.
- Be the engineering voice in helping recognize and onboard new data sources into AppDynamics and Splunk along with other monitoring tools, analyze data for anomalies and trends, and build dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
- Develop solutions for profiling, monitoring, reporting, and testing on the platform.
- Monitor the responsiveness and availability of critical websites and web applications from the end-user perspective.
- Manage application availability and performance and proactively find performance bottlenecks.
- Enable the integration of Splunk Core, Splunk ITSI, Dynatrace and AppDynamics development of the single pane of glass dashboard, including integration with ServiceNow ITSM.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline.
- Excellent customer facing skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human experience, digital services and business transformation. Our employees receive competitive compensation, along with company-paid health care and short-term disability plans. We also offer a 401K plan with company match, paid time off, flexible savings accounts, commuter benefits and company-sponsored professional education opportunities.
Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, age, disability, or any other protected class.
Veterans, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and transitioning active-duty service members are highly encouraged to apply.