Insurance Stock Market Writer
High Level: Benzinga is looking to increase its cover of insurance stocks and is looking for a beat writer/reporter to cover these companies. Coverage will be focused on news ranging from corporate actions to analysis.You should be obsessed with the stock market and have a passion to keep our readers informed about insurance stocks.
Work Schedule: This position will be part-time remote. You will be responsible for writing 5 articles a week. This is a contract position that will pay you per story published.
What you'll be doing:
- News pitches, which organize and specify your written assignments
- Light research
- Turning pieces in on time as assigned
Resume boosters you need to get this gig:
- You're an excellent writer — AP Style knowledge a plus
- You can distill complex concepts and make them palatable for a wide audience
- Open and willing to receive editorial feedback and revise your work
Not required but a plus:
- Insurance agent license
- Real estate agent license
- 1-3 years reporter experience
How to get rolling:
Please send in three samples of your work along with your resume.