Do you remember what the Cloud was meant to be? Have you always thought: there’s a better way to do this? At Seaplane, we’re doing it! We believe in eliminating cloud waste, scaling globally, and having our users spend only on the compute they need, where and when they need it. So we built a control plane that takes users further using a serverless edge computing platform. Already we have points of presence in tens of countries around the world, and we’re growing fast.
Started in Silicon Valley and backed by Sequoia Capital, we think globally from day one. We're a 100% remote company, committed to growing an inclusive team with the most talented people everywhere. All our roles are remote and available at all experience levels. If you are passionate about building and operating the next generation of global cloud systems, come work with us!
We value creativity, versatility, curiosity, and enthusiasm above specific knowledge in specific tools. Our culture is one of mutual respect and support, where we actively foster each other's professional growth. We move fast, work hard, laugh a lot, and fearlessly Figure Things Out.
We're hiring with time zone diversity in mind for uninterrupted service so teams can confidently hand off responsibilities as the sun moves.
We welcome applications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or taste in music.
If you're seeking broad and deep impact, you’ll enjoy making infrastructure decisions that touch everything we do. We’re looking for people with a strong background (or interest!) in both hardware and software systems. We’d love to hear from you whether you’re a seasoned systems developer, or you’ve just learned you might like working with platforms. You’re motivated by high-impact projects, and enjoy digging deep into fundamentally challenging engineering problems as well as immediate practical needs affecting our business. You're data driven, understand many layers of the stack, and have a strong interest in modern platform developments. You enjoy debating the merits of ARM vs x86 servers, GPUs vs other ML accelerators, and have a healthy skepticism for the zoo of complexity in modern large-scale software stacks. Senior candidates probably have, on more than one occasion, threatened to replace Kubernetes with a set of small shell scripts.
You'll love this job if:
- You’re motivated by high-impact projects, and enjoy digging deep into fundamentally challenging engineering problems as well as immediate practical needs affecting our business.
- You’re data driven, understand many layers of the stack, and have a strong interest in modern platform developments.
- You enjoy debating the merits of ARM vs x86 servers, GPUs vs other ML accelerators, and have a healthy skepticism for the zoo of complexity in modern large-scale software stacks.
- You have been monitoring, alerting and debugging high volume production systems for years.
- You have excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Cloud migration, plus management of existing cloud solutions is one of your superpowers.
- You understand security issues and responsibilities.
- You put EQ above ego and focus on team success.
As an early team member you will help shape our technology, operations, and the future of our service. You will work on projects through their entire lifecycle, from initial requirements, to implementation, and production operation. As a startup, we appreciate your ability to do what’s needed now, while planning for the future. Besides our internal systems, you will have the opportunity to contribute to open source communities, and help us delight our customers too! Working as a team, we’ll cover a lot of ground and grow together.
If you have interest or experience in such technologies then you'll love what we're doing. Join us in building and operating the future of serverless in the Seaplane cloud!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.