Do you remember what the Cloud was meant to be? Have you always thought: there’s a better way to do this? At Seaplane, we’re doing it! We believe in eliminating cloud waste, scaling globally, and having our users spend only on the compute they need, where and when they need it. So we built a control plane that takes users further using a serverless edge computing platform. Already we have points of presence in tens of countries around the world, and we’re growing fast.
Started in Silicon Valley and backed by Sequoia Capital, we think globally from day one. We're a 100% remote company, committed to growing an inclusive team with the most talented people everywhere. All our roles are remote and available at all experience levels. If you are passionate about building and operating the next generation of global cloud systems, come work with us!
We value creativity, versatility, curiosity, and enthusiasm above specific knowledge in specific tools. Our culture is one of mutual respect and support, where we actively foster each other's professional growth. We move fast, work hard, laugh a lot, and fearlessly Figure Things Out.
We're hiring with time zone diversity in mind for uninterrupted service so teams can confidently hand off responsibilities as the sun moves.
We welcome applications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or taste in music.
If you enjoy distributed systems, then you're going to love this. We have tightly-coupled cluster systems where low-latency strong semantics are vital, as well as worldwide eventually-consistent systems where nodes are hundreds of milliseconds apart.
You will play a pivotal role in shaping our service development and reliability, building shared infrastructure used by the whole organization, and spreading best practices throughout our engineering team. You’re motivated by high-impact projects, and enjoy digging deep into fundamentally challenging engineering problems. While time is an illusion, you enjoy debating the merits of it as an abstraction.
You'll love this job if:
- You understand how the internet works at a protocol level, including the differences between specs, and what ends up happening on the internet.
- You're unfazed by monitoring, alerting and debugging high-volume production systems.
- Your skill and love of debugging to make the system work in all cases is one of your superpowers.
- You understand security issues and responsibilities.
- You can analyze data sets such as logs in your sleep.
- You have deep Unix knowledge, and patches to Operating Systems is another of your superpowers.
- You love designing and building APIs.
- You're excited to optimize complex solutions to the problems that websites inevitably face.
- You wield multiple programming languages with confidence, including Rust and Python.
- Your systems level programming skills are strong and you are fearless.
- You are curious and keen to learn, but also eager to mentor and share knowledge.
- You put EQ above ego and focus on team success.
If you have interest or experience in such technologies then you'll love what we're doing. Join us in building and operating the future of serverless in the Seaplane cloud!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.