The Impact Engineering team is changing the way our award winning publications are delivered to Impact more Active Moments. From planning a hike, learning a new Yoga pose or registering for their first marathon - we are building ways to Impact each user's journey. We build by understanding the world of active choices better than anyone else.
Join us and you'll help Impact each and every one of our millions of users.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Engineer to grow our team of active lifestyle participants who share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability and continued development. You will build the systems that deliver our content, create scalable solutions, and continuously improve our engineering practices. As a lead, you will provide technical direction and mentorship on engineering best practices, troubleshooting and decision making. Above all, your work will Impact the way the world finds their next activity.
You are Energized by:
- Creating novel solutions, without reinventing the wheel
- Collaborating with Product and Design on an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Prioritizing how your team can have the biggest Impact, alongside adjacent projects
- Sharing how you've learned from what didn't work
- Creating new standards that help align teams
- Taking operational responsibility for services owned by your team
- Mentoring through code reviews, pairing and hackdays
- Organizing around work, not people (spending less time in meetings)
- Joining a greenfield, yet rapidly scaling project
We are Excited about You because:
- You have a T-shaped proficiency in React, SSR and High Performant Headless CMS Sites
- You understand how to lead a team through uncertainty and use it as an opportunity to innovate
- You enjoy organizing energizers to maximize impact - for users and team members
- You have demonstrated an ability to introduce new technologies, toolkits and frameworks
- You care about user outcomes
- You value team success over personal success
- You create solutions according to best practices
- You've learned how to communicate your ideas and foster respect on a team for others' ideas
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $130,000 to $150,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant's location, market data/ranges, an applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors