Are you a self-motivated person who enjoys working independently in a fast-paced environment? Do you embrace change and enjoy new challenges? If so, we want you!
We are seeking an experienced Senior Corporate Accountant to join our Finance Team. In this position you'll work closely with the Controller to ensure a smooth and timely month-end close process for multiple entities, research and implement system integrations, and streamline and improve processes while managing a small team. You'll work collaboratively with the entire Finance Team to ensure deadlines and annual goals are met, and you'll support the Controller with special requests and projects. Some of the systems we use include Sage Intacct, Yooz, FloQast, Stripe, HubSpot, Domo, Box, Slack, Zoom, and JIRA.
About Our Company
A leader in online education, Continued is comprised of passionate individuals dedicated to providing an exceptional learning experience that enhances the lives and careers of the professionals we serve. We are certified as a great workplace, ranked #28 in Fortune's 2020 top 100 Medium-Sized Workplaces in the US and ranked #13 in Fortune's 2020 top 25 Small & Medium Workplaces for Women by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. Learn more about us at continued.com and our parent company lacallegroup.com.
About Our Finance Team
We work in a black and white world but we have fun doing it. Although we are virtual, we communicate a lot and we're a tight-knit group. We collaborate, bounce ideas off each other and encourage each other to think outside the box. We want someone who can excel in that environment.
- Manage automated revenue stream, reconciliation and reporting on a monthly basis via system integrations and manual entry
- Manage month end close processes and reconciliations for a multi entity structure (10 and growing) to ensure accuracy and timeliness of monthly P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
- Manage and maintain Sage Intacct from top to bottom from basic customizations, reports and templates to creating dashboards and adding modules as needed to ensure an effective and efficient workflow
- Investigate key drivers of variances to budget and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual analyses
- Provide support related to international tax requirements as needed
- Train and supervise accounting staff, demonstrate leadership skills, and assist in coordination of the staffing model
- Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes, procedures and accounting assumptions on an ongoing basis. Recommend and assist in process improvements to improve internal controls and increase the utilization of resources (people, technology, funds)
- Manage sales tax compliance from system integration to monthly reconciliation
- Participate in the development, testing, implementation and documentation of Sage Intacct and related systems. Recommend and implement system modifications to improve internal control, increase efficiency or reduce costs. Identify, document, and escalate system issues to the IT teams as necessary
- Manage annual budget process
- Support the Controller with special projects, ad-hoc research, and analysis
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting
- 5+ years corporate accounting experience
- GAAP knowledge and compliance
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and a team-oriented mentality is a must
- Sage Intacct system experience preferred
- Sales tax experience a plus
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Ability to remain flexible in a constantly changing startup environment, while demonstrating strong planning and prioritization skills
- Tech savvy, comfortable managing and integrating various systems
- US Resident, eligible to work in the US full-time without sponsorship
- Able to work from home during regular US business hours
- Occasional travel required for an annual company meeting as well as possible Finance Team meetings (1-2/yr)
We value attention to detail. Applications that fail to follow these simple steps will not be considered. Please provide a cover letter with your resume. In your cover letter please include 1) Why you think you'd make a great addition to our team; and 2) How have you used automation or workflow streamlining to improve accounting processes at your current or previous positions?