Cadalys is a software company who delivers innovative solutions for the Salesforce Platform on the AppExchange. With over a decade of proven experience designing and delivering purpose-built apps on the Salesforce platform, Cadalys has been consistently recognized for our innovation, success, and value in the Salesforce ecosystem. Our history is marked by numerous accolades and achievements that illustrate our commitment to bringing the power of the possible to companies and users around the world. We continue to lead in innovation on the Salesforce platform and have been recognized countless times for our superior delivery and expertise.
The Director - Software Development will participate in developing APEX, Lightning, Visualforce and potentially other languages, such as Java, in support of the technical strategy for the implementation as is defined by the Technical and/or Solution Architect. They ensure that custom code is designed and constructed in accordance with Best Practices, particularly for performance, maintenance and forward-compatibility. They are able to take requirements from a Lead or Architect and deliver competently to those requirements. They are creative problem solvers and ask questions to clarify direction for a solution prior to developing. When possible, they will use prototyping or other visual representations to communicate the solution to team members in order to gain confidence in the solution before developing.
General Job Requirements
- Continuous Development of SFDC Skills
- Stay up to date on other applicable technologies
- Grow awareness and expertise in 3rd party solutions and capabilities
- Participates in Salesforce conferences and user groups
- Professionally represents Cadalys in Industry-Related Activities
- Able to work individually, as well as with other team members
- Proficient oral and written skills
- Creative thinker
Role-Specific Job Requirements
- Develop custom code and associated test classes based on business and technical requirements
- Assist Client with technical design activities
- Contribute to technical specifications
- Provide frequent status updates on delivered capability
- Unit testing
- Bug fixes
- Build, validate and deploy change sets
- Recommending Best Practices
- Established and continued growth of Vertical or Platform Expertise, e.g. Lightning, APEX (Platform), and/or Healthcare (Vertical)
- Works with TA to solidify solution design. Responsible for gaining design approval by security design review, and other design review teams
- Assists with mapping of business requirements to system/technical requirements
- Contributor in technical design sessions
- Leverages experience and findings from analysis/design to work with PM to estimate resource requirements
- Responsible for contributing to technical specification with Technical Architect
- Manages junior developers
- Frequent contributor to team knowledge growth
- Contributor to individual contributor's career growth
- Establishes project deadlines and manages team members towards project deadlines
- Directs work of team members
- Creates direction, then hands off execution to other team resources
- Fills Gaps in project team skills
- Identifies areas of risk and conflict, and institutes risk mitigation plans in order to minimize the impact of identified risk/conflict
- Escalates issues they are not able to address
- Serves as escalation point for other project teams
- Responsible for developing and evolving standards for functional and business requirements in order to keep up with evolving industry standards and best practices.
- Has additional accountability for ensuring that solutions meet business outcomes.
- Responsible for supporting Executive Leadership in developing and leading team activities in support of skill and career growth.
- Responsible for developing internal team processes and forums for addressing enterprise-related needs and developing standards in support of those needs.
- Responsible for enforcing enterprise-related development standards.
- Responsible for participating in semi-annual review processes for any managed resources.
If we've intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- A chance to contribute to a company developing a compelling, category defining product
- Challenging and fun work with a chance to make distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized, diverse and ambitious team of people on a mission
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Time-off and leave programs designed to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
- Flexible, creative workplace (Remote-based!)
Cadalys is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of their relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.