Fireside Campaigns is a values-first firm that integrates public relations, digital strategy, and data-driven analytics to create full-service communications for movement partners. Fireside is seeking a Digital Junior Associate to execute creative and high-quality email and digital campaigns. The firm supports exciting candidates and non-profit clients who are working to reform and safeguard America's democracy, hold power accountable, and ensure everyone has a chance to thrive in this country. You can read more about us and some of our clients on our website.
Fireside Campaigns works to transform our country into one that truly lives by the best values that it professes. We've personally expressed our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through our work on behalf of progressive clients and movement partners since the day we were founded. We understand that we've sometimes fallen short of ensuring that same diversity within the ranks of our own firm and are actively seeking to remedy it. That is why we are redoubling our commitment to promoting racial equity inside our organization, its operations, and its management processes. We want Fireside to be a place where everyone feels welcome, everyone has an environment where they can feel confident and safe, and where everyone can succeed.
That is why equal employment opportunity is a guiding principle for us. We are committed to ensuring a workplace where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
The position will require an individual who learns quickly, cares about politics, is naturally curious, well-organized, and loves to write.
The Junior Digital Associate will understand that digital messaging needs to be written in a way that target audiences will emotionally connect with it and feel compelled to share those messages with others.
- Draft, code, and load emails and social media content to achieve client goals
- Collaborate with other team members to monitor and report on integrated online advertising and acquisition campaigns
- Proactively look for creative applications of new digital tools, techniques, and channels for communicating with voters
- Schedule and send emails in a variety of CRM platforms
- Take part in client calls, take notes, and think creatively and proactively about how to add value to digital programming
Required skills and experience
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills
- Ability to deliver on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Thrive working with a team
- Excellent communicator comfortable working with a distributed team in different time zones using the tools of a modern office like Google Docs and Slack
- Understands social media and how to create content for different platforms
- Ability to manage many different projects on time from assignment to delivery
- Meticulous proofreader
- Commitment to progressive causes and issues
Pluses, but not required
- Experience writing, managing, and executing email programs for political campaigns and/or progressive nonprofit organizations
- Familiarity with CRM and CMS systems, especially Action Network, NGP/EveryAction, and WordPress
- Experience or familiarity with digital advertising platforms
- Basic graphic design
- Ability to stand up simple Wordpress microsites
- HTML/CSS basics
This position is salaried at $47,500. At Fireside Campaigns, to ensure pay equity, all salaries are set in bands according to the expectations of the role. In other words, the starting pay for this job is equal to others at the same level throughout the company.
Location: Remote, anywhere in the US. We have an office in the Washington DC area but we are working from home due to the pandemic. When it is safe to do so, working in the DC office will be optional. Candidates in Pacific and Mountain time are encouraged to apply.
Travel: There is no travel associated with this role until it is widely safe to do so. There may be domestic travel involved in the job in the future upon discussion.
In your application, we would like you to answer the following:
Why do you choose to work for progressive causes (25 to 100 words)?
How have you centered equity & inclusion in your own life (25 to 150 words)?
Preferred start date
Location, for reference only
A cover letter is entirely optional and will be a small part of our evaluation.
Qualified candidates will participate in a series of interviews with a range of staff at Fireside Campaigns and a timed writing exercise.