Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In less than a decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1200 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the role:
As the Junior Brand Designer, you will be working closely with a passionate Marketing team responsible for strategizing, ideating and producing a variety of modern marketing assets to engage our Kraken clients, reach new clients as well as educating the community all about crypto.Perhaps you've had one or two design jobs, (or an amazing portfolio), and you feel ready to join a world-class team of design talent, you will use your previous experience working with brands to bolster our visual branding and push our design across many mediums including; websites, video, events, advertising and much more. In this role, you will be a mover and shaker with a positive energy, pragmatically working to help the business, engage and attract clients, while keeping an eagle eye on everything that passes through vision.
The ideal Junior Designer candidate has an eagle eye for detail, follows an efficient process, is technically adept and has an innovative mindset with a proven track record of achievement. Oh and a deep passion for crypto!
What you'll do in your first 30 days:
- Get to know the Kraken team, the brand, and the competitive space.
- Rapidly get up to speed and deliver production ready assets
- Wrap your mind around the current workflows, project management and existing branding.
- Begin to design elements to supercharge team projects
In your first 60 days:
- Begin to take on projects and grow your skillset from design to communications
- Lead and own design projects with minimal oversight
- Push the Kraken brand assets to be more engaging, delightful and usable
- Partner with both Marketing and other Kraken teams to help where you can, and make the best possible design happen
In your first 90 days:
- Take on more projects, present to key stakeholders, and develop your skillset
- Build your internal brand to be a valued member of the organization
- Push for projects you think will have an impact, and have a plan to enact them
- 2-3 years of experience in startups or advertising, working with a variety of teams on a multitude of projects.
- Ability to take an asset and produce a variety of deliverables in pixel perfect form.
- A strong online portfolio showcasing pixel perfect design work, balanced with the thinking explained and process work shown.
- Epic skills with Adobe CC, and a passion for learning new softwares like Sketch/Figma.
- Strong illustration skills, quick with page layout and a good iconography style.
- Understanding of development process and experience working with developers.
- Design passion in all aspects of modern design, from Powerpoint to working within design systems.
- Excellent communication skills and "can-do" attitude.
- Passion for new/world changing technologies.
- Desire to thrive within a fast-paced, emerging industry with a variety of design challenges.
Nice to have
- Experience in Crypto or an avid fan of the industry.
- Remote working experience.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us