Set to launch this year, Monstro is a financial technology company based out of West Palm Beach, Florida that is on a mission to promote financial transparency and individual empowerment. We are looking for a strong designer to join our team. If you are passionate about creating user friendly and beautiful design with complex data sets, this is the position for you.
- Create empathetic, bold, and beautiful designs that stay true to the core value proposition of the product while adapting quickly to feedback from decision makers and users.
- Produce designs with input from the product team to achieve the desired customer experience, including user flows, high-fidelity wireframes, interactive prototypes, and platform components.
- Understand complex financial relationships, data structures, and requirements and be able to convey them in design.
- Be a systems thinker; simplify complex business logic into frictionless and delightful user flows and digital interfaces (Web and Native Applications)
- Design and Stress test UI elements cross system, device, breakpoints additional user touch points.
- Execute all UI design stages from exploration/concept to final “pixel perfect” hand-off to development
- Quickly iterate product design based on critique and A/B testing
- Maintain design systems and libraries in conjunction with the wider Product team to ensure product-wide visual consistency.
- Be a self-starter in a fast-paced startup environment
- Have a keen eye for cosmetic details and consistency across deliverables
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
- 5+ years of visual and interaction design plus prototyping experience
- Experience with hands on design of mobile first applications, subscription models, digital platforms, digital style guides, and UI pattern libraries
- Portfolio that highlights understanding and application of native app and web design practices.
- Mastery of Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in web technologies: HTML5 and CSS3
- Strong understanding of designing for accessibility
- History of working on consumer focused and subscription platforms
- Experience at an early-stage start-up, fintech or payments preferred
- History of iterating products based on user tracking and feedback
- Experience designing for multiple devices (Mobile, Tablet and Desktop)
- Approachable, collaborative, results-oriented, problem solver who can both provide and take direction well
- Strong conceptual and visual thinker with a broad toolset for communicating complex ideas