Vaxart is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing a range of oral recombinant vaccines based on its proprietary delivery platform. Vaxart vaccines are administered using convenient room temperature-stable tablets that can be stored and shipped without refrigeration and eliminate the risk of needle-stick injury.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for competitive intelligence gathering, market and product forecasting, driving analytics from a business perspective, assisting or leading business development activities. The incumbent will also be responsible for answering inquiries about the state of the business, generating insights, building, and maintaining reports for all levels of the organization. The incumbent will work closely with business and technical partners to help define and build a reporting environment.
- Perform financial analyses to support internal and external opportunity assessment
- Supporting long-range planning by leveraging portfolio analyses with Business Development activities.
- Working closely with internal team members, across all functional areas within the organization, and relevant counterparts externally to fully understand competitive landscape.
- Serves as a key contributor to strategic assessments of vaccine targets and/or indications.
- Develops key contributions for term sheets and contract negotiations and relevant interactions both internally and externally to optimize outcomes.
- Support deal structuring, including valuation, pro forma forecasting, operational analyses, and optimization of deal terms.
- Prepare, maintain, and deliver presentations to senior management, including financial and deal analyses, corporate or program presentations, opportunity assessments, etc.
- Ability to make sound and effective decisions, by retrieving and aggregating data from various sources and compiling into a digestible and meaningful format.
- Driving the due diligence processes with internal and external stakeholders and will evaluation for potential opportunities with appropriate prioritization and utilization of resources throughout process.
- Partnering with various stakeholders, including team leaders to build analytical solutions to deliver business goals.
- Ability to perform deep-dives in large data sets to find opportunities, variances, or key indicators in the business.
- Establish a standardized reporting framework to build openness and validity to all key partners.
- Build and maintain metrics reports on investors, competition.
- Ability to learn new software programs on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor's degree required; science or business-related graduate degree(s) preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant pharma or biotech experience.
- 2 years in business development, investment banking, consulting, or venture capital experience preferred.
- A broad business understanding, particularly of the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, and the ability to coordinate cross-functionally is essential.
- Leadership and ownership mindset.
- Strong analytical skills, strategic analyses, market research, modeling, and conceptual thinking skills.
- Proven experience with understanding of financial evaluation techniques, especially forecasting, pro-forma product P&L modeling, cost analysis and probability adjusted NPV's, is important.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills that elevate standard for the company.
- Strong project management and project leadership skills and the ability to execute plans and projects on aggressive timetables, is essential.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment with collaborative approach while taking responsibility for key initiatives.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative market research techniques is preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
Vaxart offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, stock options, 401K with employer matching, tuition assistance, and work life balance.
Vaxart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. Vaxart does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.