Scanwell turns your smartphone into a medical-grade diagnostic lab. We deliver at-home tests with instant results so that you can get the answers you need to treat the symptoms you're experiencing.
Join a team of scientists, doctors, engineers, and more. All working together to make proactive healthcare accessible for everyone. You'll create solutions to problems that affect the lives of people around the world and your QA skills will help to fight against Covid-19, Malaria, UTI, CKD, and more.
We are a hybrid-remote team headquartered in Los Angeles, with outposts in Orange County and San Francisco. Occasional in-person meetings may be required.
As a QA engineer, you'll keep our product moving forward, and improve our app! You'll QA our cutting-edge iOS and Android Apps. You'll QA Server front-end applications and backends interfaces. You'll touch every part of our products and work closely with our engineering, product, and design team. You'll also get hands-on experience with the FDA regulatory compliance process.
- Find bugs before they make it into production
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test strategies and test plans
- Develop test cases and test acceptance criteria; develop test data necessary to execute test cases
- Represent our user's experience with new features and make sure their experience is amazing before new features get into the product.
- Write software unit test cases for test automation
- Provide complex technical expertise to engineering management in the development, maintenance, and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Help support FDA documentation efforts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1+ years of experience verifying software and writing test scripts
- 1+ years of experience writing software unit tests
- Demonstrated experience QAing mobile applications
- Hands-on experience testing APIs
- Hands-on experience of working in issue tracking tools like Jira and Confluence
- Hands-on experience with code management solutions like git
- Experience writing code in at least one of the following: Python, Swift, Objective-C, Java, Kotlin, C, C++, Ruby
- Communication and technical writing skills necessary to produce formal test specifications and test plans
- Analytical, problem solving, time management, priority allocation, and task management skills
- Strong presentation skills to present test results to individuals and groups
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Team player
- Hands-on experience building applications in XCode and Android Studio
- Hands-on experience using test automation tools like Selenium