Full Time | Location: North America | 5+ years experience | $80-110k CAD | Start Date: Immediate
Hello, We are Smart Nora.
Our story started from our bedrooms, solving our problem with snoring. Fast forward 5 years, we have brought our solution to tens of thousands of couples who wake up happier and healthier every single morning. In the process, we have built a fantastic team who take pride in improving the lives of others.
The story that started with snoring, is now continuing with sleep and wellness. With a growing customer base, we are advancing our technology, and diversifying our products and services. If you are ready for your next big challenge, this might be the place for you.
On a day to day basis, we are a fast paced team that enjoys each other's company. We actively stay in touch and informed in a weekly cadence. As a distributed team, we use modern tools such as Notion, Figma, and Slack to work effectively together.
We value hard work, great judgment, and a can-do attitude. We enjoy learning about each others' interests, and spending social time together to learn and play. A sense of humour, and a curious mind are always welcome here.
You approach your work with a growth mindset. You thrive on testing, discovery, and optimization. You draw on your marketing experience and industry best practices, and keep up with the changing trends, tools, and technology.
You are passionate about building a young brand into a household name. You care deeply about your impact and are energized when your work improves the quality of life for others. You want to work in an effective team and see tangible results of your work on a weekly basis.
You are confident in creating campaigns and initiatives that inspire your team and can manage the process to arrive at outcomes. You maintain detailed dashboards and OKRs to help every team member stay on track. You can balance each member's contribution with the overall team outcome.
The Digital Marketing Manager at Smart Nora is at the core of the digital marketing team, with a singular focus on revenue growth.
Budgeting and Planning:
- Oversee the digital marketing strategy, initiate and execute annual and quarterly marketing plans
- Align the sales target with the marketing budget allocation to online marketing channels.
- Set up the marketing team's quarterly OKRs with the C-level management.
- Create, manage, and review daily/weekly/monthly marketing tasks and projects timeline and deliverables.
- Understand product economics and be responsible for Smart Nora's new customer acquisition and lead generation with a focus on sustainable growth.
Channel and Partner Management:
- Ability to be hands on if needed on managing end-to-end marketing campaigns with the breadth of omni-digital marketing knowledge (eg. Facebook ads, Google ads, SEO, affiliate, email, etc) to uncover new insights and propose optimizations to help improve campaign performance across the funnel.
- Manage and maintain relationship with digital marketing partners (eg. Facebook, Google, Yotpo, Affirm, Shareasale, Klaviyo, etc) to keep track on the latest digital products and industry best practices.
- Lead Smart Nora's marketing effort to the new platforms or new growth channels ( eg, TikTok, OTT, Podcast, Influencer marketing, etc)
- Evaluate and advise on the use of new technologies (eg. marketing automation tools), benchmarking trends and competitor data to stay at the forefront of digital marketing and improve the marketing work efficiency.
Website and Shopify Management:
- Manage all day-to-day Shopify store operations, include but not limited to page creation, order management, product management, promotion management, app management and 3rd party tracking etc.
- Conceptualize, execute and measure website A/B testing to improve the conversion throughout the funnels.
- Define the strategy for creating and optimizing website content to engage with new and returning customers.
Reporting and Analytics:
- Create digital marketing dashboard to reflect the performance with key indicator metrics and share with C-level management.
- Analyze the reporting, provide insights and identify next steps to optimize and improve performance.
Team Management and Cross-team Collaboration:
- Communicate across teams about marketing performance and opportunities.
- Learn from customer feedback provided by CX team to better understand customer's needs and implement the learnings into marketing efforts.
- Interface with the product design team to address any gaps between product and marketing. Surface insights from marketing team to improve product design.
- 5+ years experience in digital marketing & B2C online sales, at least 2 years in a managing role.
- Excellent expertise in e-commerce, single product brands, multi-product stores, and subscription products.
- Proven track record of building and scaling an online brands.
- Expert in managing omni-channels including Facebook ads, Google ads, affiliate marketing, SEO, native ads, email marketing and partnerships.
- Strong project management skills.
- Data-driven and result oriented.
- Experience in D2C health/wellness consumer electronic products is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Salary Range: $80-110k CAD
Our salaries are competitive with industry standards. Salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Remote Work Accommodation
We will ensure you have the right equipment and setup for a functional and healthy work environment.
We offer health and dental insurance. Our extended benefits package also give you access to an array of services.
Equipment and Tools
All employees have access to the right tools for the job including an Apple computer and software for working efficiently.
- Meeting with the marketing team on Monday to plan and prioritize. Later in the day getting together with the entire team for the weekly Kick-off. 🚀
- Leading the weekly brainstorms for the marketing team to create new concepts based on the marketing strategy and customer feedback. 🧠
- Catching up the the team on Wednesday "☕️Tea Time" to socialize, celebrate a milestone, play a game, or teach everyone about something you are passionate about.
- Creating the detailed digital marketing strategy and budget for the upcoming quarter with CPA and revenue targets and presented to the management team for feedback and approval.
- Analyzing the customer survey results, paid marketing performance, campaigns and content pillars, and share insights and updates on progress of digital marketing plans. 🧬
- Wrapping up the week with the entire team by sharing the accomplishments of the week, watching the latest customer testimonial video together, sharing inspiration, and more. 🍺
Follow the link below to submit an application. You will need;
- LinkedIn Profile (link)
- Portfolio and Case Studies (link)
- Cover letter
- Resume (attachment)
- Application Review - 1 week: We will carefully review your application. All successful candidates will receive a response within 1 week.
- Interview #1 - 40 mins: Introduction + Work Experience review. In a 40 minute video call we will get to know you, and answer any questions you might have. We will dedicate 20 minutes to dive into your most relevant projects and experiences.
- Interview #2 - 2 hours: Your Work at Smart Nora. We will dive deeper into the work you will be doing at Smart Nora. Make sure you fully understand how you will be an effective member of the team and how your contributions will fit into our mission. We will discuss real examples of your upcoming projects to get a sense of how you would approach and implement them.
- Culture and Talent Assessment - 1 hour We strongly believe in supporting you in finding meaningful work which is aligned with your strengths. This 1 hour activity will give you and us deep insights into your alignment with the team, the position, and your career.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates with special needs throughout the application process. Please let us know of any special needs in the application form.