CCRi is looking for a Cloud Support Engineer with a mix of customer support, deployment and development experience. CCRi provides a fun and challenging work environment, competitive pay, generous retirement, and a very flexible vacation policy. If you meet any of the qualifications below, we encourage you to get in touch.
Remote Opportunities Available.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This is a customer-facing and high impact role. The Cloud Support Engineer is responsible for the total life-cycle of deploying cloud infrastructure used in CCRi’s technology platform. During the design phase of deployment, you’ll collaborate with the customer and CCRi project team to establish requirements and customization/configuration needed. Next during the implementation phase, you’ll work within one of CCRi’s supported cloud environments to stand up and configure components and software. Lastly, you’ll guide team processes and expertise to ensure that the platform meets contractual levels of availability and functionality by monitoring day to day operations. Ideally you’ve had experience working with production systems, been part of a support team, or both.
The Cloud Support Engineer owns successful deployment of each project and keeps our customers excited to collaborate with us through enabling reliable, production systems.
Responsibilities for the Cloud Support Engineer include:
- Working with the Program Manager, Project Technical Lead and the Customer, create technical plans for new deployments. Collaborate on requirements, implementation details including sizing of the resources, verification & validation.
- Execute those plans, collaborating with the CCRi team and customer
- Verify, validate and document the deployments for ongoing production use
- Plan and execute maintenance and upgrade tasks
- Support the deployments including monitoring and providing answers to customer inquiries
- Participate in an on-call rotation for supporting the systems during work and weekend hours
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- Strong Customer Advocacy skills / Passion for the Customer
- Strong understanding and experience with at least one cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services (Preferred), Google Cloud and/or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with software development life-cycles and best practices
- Strong troubleshooting skills to logically go about solving problems
- Collaborative, willing to work with remote team members
An ideal candidate will have specific experience with many of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree in engineering, C.S, MIS or equivalent discipline
- Experience working with databases including knowledge of SQL, NoSQL, HBase and/or Hadoop
- Experience with data ETL
- Experience troubleshooting connectivity issues; fundamental understanding of the internet TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SDN, DNS
- Experience maintaining distributed systems in production such as HBase, Hadoop, and Spark
- Scripting / coding experience in Python, Java/Scala and Bash
- Excellent writing and communication skills with attention to detail
- Experience with application virtualization technologies such as Docker, ECS or Kubernetes
- Understanding of cloud security, IAM, ABAC and A&A
- Minimum 2 years experience in a support or operations engineering role
CCRi is a small engineering firm located in Charlottesville, Virginia. We develop and deploy novel machine-learning approaches to real problems at massive scale. Since 1992, we’ve been stopping bombs, predicting piracy, and guiding disaster relief.
- Casual Work Environment
- Intellectually Challenging Work
- Health Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Defined Benefit Retirement
- Very Flexible Vacation Policy
- Want to know more? Check out our recruitment video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_b2EY1tlRM
The job description above is not intended to be comprehensive list. Responsibilities, activities, duties, and/or tasks may change or be assigned at any time.
CCRi is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce because we know that our differences benefit our employees, our customers, and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.