Doorstead is pioneering a new class of risk-free property management (i.e. iRenting) that allows landlords to get a rental offer within hours. This upfront guarantee regardless of occupancy (e.g.: $5,500/mo starting in 28 days) is disrupting the property management industry with big data and technology operations. The company uses modern data science to efficiently model risk alongside operations technology that enables consistent high-quality service at scale. Doorstead eliminates vacancy risk, makes the market more efficient and gives property owners true peace of mind.
Property management is an industry bogged down by inefficient processes and misaligned incentives that create a poor service experience for owners. Today, technology is decoupled from operational processes, such as scheduling showings, back-and-forth communication and managing repairs. Additionally, property managers overpromise on rental prices to get people to sign and have no consequence for slow tenant placement, while owners have months of vacancy and lost income. These inefficiencies lead property-management incumbents (NPS 8) to have a 43-day vacancy average, much of which is unnecessary. This leads to an $86 billion annual economic waste in the U.S. alone.
Your mission as Senior Product Marketing Manager is to engage property owners, build their trust, and serve them with propositions & content that make their lives better. You'll own the voice of the customer for Doorstead by developing a deep understanding of property owners' needs and characteristics. You'll lead the refinement of our value propositions and messaging, and define high-performing programs that deliver valuable and actionable information across the customer lifecycle. You'll work closely with sales, performance marketing, product, and leadership teams to bring new product marketing programs to life, and learn how to make them better through experimentation and data analysis. You'll report to the VP of Growth. Your responsibilities, including people management, will expand as Doorstead grows exponentially. Fasten your seatbelt!
Your Passions & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing or product management at B2B or B2C companies. An MBA degree is a strong plus.
- Passionate about helping people. Desire to understand our customers' needs (practical and emotional), and learning how to solve their problems in innovative and delightful ways.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute winning product marketing programs described in the responsibilities section below.
- Comfort with ambiguity, and demonstrated ability to structure problems, organize information, and communicate efficiently. Ability to define program options/alternatives, prioritize, and focus on the strongest bets.
- Ability to balance speed with appropriate levels of research to support your decisions.
- Ability to instrument programs with metrics, and experience conducting A/B tests to increase performance (when appropriate).
- Experience selecting and leveraging 3rd-party marketing tools.
- High curiosity and passion for identifying innovations in the market and adapting them for Doorstead's benefit.
- Writing comes naturally, you're great at structuring communications, and you get giddy when you create a tight piece of content that nails it.
- Experience managing in a rapidly-scaling Series A funded business is a major plus.
- Interest in operations-technology companies like Uber, Doordash, and Amazon.
You're a great fit with Doorstead if you're someone who has:
- An owner mentality with high empathy and customer obsession.
- An athlete mindset focused on deliberate practice and building momentum.
- A lifelong learner who has an internal compass and believes in radical candor.
- A member of a troupe that believes we're better together and it is important to be on time, every time.
- A pioneer who fearlessly breaks through challenges and believes in working hard, smart, and being disciplined.
- Develop the Product Marketing strategy and plan tied to our company's goals.
- Collect and report insights about property owners, the industry and competitors.
- Define customer segments and personas that put property owners at the center of everything we do, and guide us to serve them better every day.
- Define/refine value propositions and messaging.
- Define, manage, and innovate email, text, and other messaging programs to acquire, activate, and retain property owners on the Doorstead platform.
- Define, manage, and innovate a customer referral program that rewards participants across multiple sides of our platform.
- Activate, engage, and manage the Doorstead community on external user-review sites.
- Discover, define, test, and innovate additional content products and campaigns, and execute them directly or with external partners.
- Facilitate and develop press-worthy stories, own the editorial calendar, and collaborate with internal and external participants to secure press coverage.
- Develop content that sparkles, delivered across multiple channels and customer moments.