At Arduino, we're on a mission to empower a global community of creators, engineers, makers to create inventions using our platform. We design hardware and software products that enable millions of people every day to learn electronics, have fun and build interactive and smart devices.
We are looking for a Community Manager who is genuinely excited about our mission and about working in a smart and creative environment. In this role, you will take care of the Arduino community with the goal of making it more awesome, helping creators to succeed with Arduino products, and fostering collaboration and sharing.
- Work with leadership to define community strategy, initiatives and roadmap.
- Supervise the official Arduino community spaces (forum, Discord, Project Hub) and manage communications with volunteer moderators.
- Map unofficial community spaces and manage communications with their organizers.
- Support the growth and engagement of the Arduino User Groups in the world, managing communications with prospective and existing groups leaders, leading the logistical aspects of outreach efforts. AUGs are groups of volunteers who organize local events and help people in using Arduino products.
- Involve users in beta programs/customer advisory boards.
- Scout ambassadors and engage with power users.
- Passion about Arduino and technology in general, including digital making, and familiar with the ecosystems and communities that surround these fields.
- Strong knowledge of Arduino products and technology, both on the hardware side and the software side.
- Experience working in a collaborative setting.
- Strong communication skills in English, including clear verbal as well as explicit and mindful written communication skills.
- Previous experience as community manager, moderator, social media manager, or event organizer.
- A strong network in a relevant field, such as technology, education, digital making, STEM, STEAM, social enterprise, or nonprofit.
Why You Should Join:
At Arduino, we are leading the field of electronics and Internet of Things and we are known for the unique combination of design, user experience, and engineering that has made our platform so popular and well-loved by users. Everything we do has a big impact because of the huge community we lead. We value creativity and innovation, and we care about keeping our employees motivated, focused, and creative.
Arduino is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles from more than 23 countries. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, or any other differences.