We're looking for an experienced solution software engineer excited about joining a small, dynamic startup passionate about data engineering, distributed systems, and MLOps. You'll be an essential part of helping clients and the US GOV architecting and implementing our new high-performance MLOps model deployment product, written in Rust. This could mean configuring high-performance data connectors, helping develop vertical-specific DSLs, improving the performance of the customer's underlying algorithms, expanding client's MLOps capabilities, or rolling client application requirements back into platform features. You will also provide architectural recommendations on client engagements: this role includes an important client-facing component.
You have a track record of high-quality architectural and software development, and experience working directly with clients, whether external or internal. You have taken an active role in documentation and process development. You thrive in an environment where the long-term goals remain stable but day-to-day needs may change quickly. You are able to work with a diverse range of people, you are committed to continual learning, and you value sharing your knowledge with the team. Our team is distributed across the world, so we're looking for strong communicators who are self-motivated and able to work both collaboratively and independently.
You may never experience a "typical" day, but on any given day you will do some of these things:
- Work with Government and Commerical Clients
- Design, Architect, and Implement Wallaroo into client environments
- Troubleshoot client ML/AI models and data sets
- Meet with clients to discuss their ML/AI deployment needs.
- Meet with members of the platform engineering team to discuss existing Wallaroo technologies and devise new technologies to solve client problems.
- Meet with other members of the solutions engineering team to discuss current projects and define and refine processes to improve our ability to deliver solutions.
- Write user documentation.
- US Citizen
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- System architecture design for ML/AI
- Able to explain complex ideas to clients and customer executives
- Understanding of what it takes to deploy ML/AL models into production
- Understanding of ML/AI frameworks
- E.g. EGBoost, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit Learn
- Prior Rust experience is NOT required, but you should be willing to learn fast!
- Provide architectural leadership for our engineering teams and client integration projects
- Manage projects and guide team members as needed
Nice to have
- Experience writing concurrent code in any of the following languages
- Rust, Erlang, C/C++, Go, Clojure
- Previous strategic planning for product roadmap
- Deep experience with one or more cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with Linux systems-level programming and distributed systems
- Experience deploying high-volume data processing systems at scale
- Analyzing and improving software performance
- Understanding of software autoscaling
Wallaroo provides a platform for production AI that helps turn data into business results faster, simpler, and at lower cost. We enable data science teams to get models live against production data three times faster and at 80% lower compute costs, while giving them visibility into how the models are performing, and the power to make quick and easy iterations. Our tech runs as a service inside a client's environment -- whether in a cloud, on-prem, or at the edge -- integrating with modern data ecosystems and ML frameworks. Backed by stellar enterprise VC's, at Wallaroo we believe that we have a $60B market opportunity at the intersection of real-time streaming data, AI, and digital transformation.
- Distributed First
- Lifelong Learning
- Self-motivation and Accountability
- Respect and Openness
- Right tool for the Job
- Everyone a Teacher
For details about what these values mean, please see our "Engineering Values" page.
At Wallaroo we believe that the most diverse and inclusive teams build the best products! As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.