PickFu is a consumer research software company that helps companies and entrepreneurs make better-informed decisions about their products, designs, marketing, and more. Businesses across such industries as e-commerce, mobile gaming, and publishing use PickFu to gather consumer insights quickly and at a fraction of the cost of traditional market research surveys.
As our first product manager, you will work directly with the co-founders and a small development team to democratize consumer research through its DIY platform. The role requires a mix of great technical depth, principled thinking and well-honed product judgment. Given the two-sided marketplace nature of our business (panel respondents, customers), you will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to think holistically and understand the business deeply to guide the right long-term strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive product strategy, providing clear vision on strategic best next steps to meet business objectives.
- Develop and distribute a product strategy that bridges the technical and business worlds and balances our short-term and long-term business objectives.
- Develop and own product roadmaps, aligning cross-functional teams to deliver a product people absolutely love.
- Ensure partners and development teams have timely and appropriately detailed requirements to move forward quickly.
- Write product requirements and user stories as required for development.
- Partner directly with company founders to rapidly drive our business forward, identify new opportunities for PickFu, and affect long-term organizational change.
TEAM, CULTURE, VALUES
We have been fully remote since our start in 2008. We’re looking for creative, capable, and collaborative team members to join in and help build our momentum. As long as you have the skills and can get the work done, you can work anywhere (and anytime) you want.
We are a small but mighty team. We appreciate friendly people who can solve problems, get along with others, and tell us how to be better. We also aim to live a happy, healthy life away from work. We believe in reasonable hours, ample vacation time, and fun hobbies.
Communication is a big thing for us. We use Slack for chatting, Zoom for facetime, and Asana for planning. Our team meetings revolve around company updates, brainstorming sessions, feedback and check-ins, team building, and social events.
As an early team member, you will be helping shape our company culture and the direction of our products.
At PickFu, we value diversity. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply.
- 3+ years of product experience.
- Proven track record of building, shipping, and iterating on several products and/or significant features that users love (please provide links to these examples, if public, or screenshots).
- Demonstrated experience building roadmaps and managing cross-functional teams to deliver these products.
- Have a technical background with a demonstrated engineering past or experience building backend products, including familiarity with APIs.
- Hands-on experience conducting user behavior research.
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for data-driven decision-making. Entrepreneurial spirit, drive, creativity, and flexibility.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, prioritization and organizational skills, including experience working in agile product development environments with results-driven approach to project management.
- Experience building market and consumer research, and using online survey panels.
- Experience with building technical systems and APIs.
- Familiarity with mobile app development, gaming development or e-commerce/CPG.
- Competitive salary with health insurance.
- 401k matching and stock options.
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work hours We believe in reasonable working hours and time away from the computer.
- You can live anywhere, but you’ll need to have some hours overlap with PST.
- Our equipment policy allows for a standard MacBook Air (or equivalent), and we’ll even help you set up your workstation.
- Professional development allowance towards education, books, or anything that you think will be beneficial in this role.