FLSA Status: Full-Time Contract Consultant
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
Operating Hours: Hours Vary
About The Simple Folk
The Simple Folk is an emerging eco-friendly, sustainable children’s clothing line created to inspire and support adventure and play in our little ones. We are devoted to mindfully creating heirloom quality pieces that are kind to the earth, the people making them, and those who wear and enjoy them. We’re a fully-remote, dispersed team scattered across the globe.
The mission for this role is to help our customers, by providing exceptional customer support through prompt, kind, and informative responses which exceed expectations, and supporting company efforts by providing feedback to our internal team.
- You do LOTS of writing! This position spends a significant amount of time communicating with customers across various online platforms
- Working with customers to answer questions and to broaden their understanding of our products.
- Provide authentic, informed, human interaction with our customers
- Make every customer feel heard, valued, supported, and empowered
- Remain up to speed on all company processes and latest research around the benefits of our products
- Work on long and short-term ad hoc projects with exceptional follow through
- Answer customer emails and respond to a large amount of questions and online reviews
- Work within a high performing, self-managed team that is supportive, collaborative, and delivers rock star performances with each customer interaction
- Conduct research and source information to support our customers
- Attend weekly meetings with the customer support team
- Work closely with cross functional teams including product development, production, and logistics to ensure we solve order issues, communicate correct re-stock and launch dates, product details, etc.
- Work within systems such as Help Scout, VoiceNation, and Asana
- Think outside the box and search for creative solutions (often on the spot)
- Adhere to internal and external guidelines
You’re good at:
- Clear and concise writing
- Juggling many balls at the same time without dropping a single one
- Being a quick, responsive, and clear communicator
- Working independently with very little supervision
- Making coffee at your home office—this position works remotely.
- You have experience supporting customers in a fashion/retail environment.
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You’re going to take ownership of your time and workflow and truly make a difference.
- You love slow fashion and living a sustainable lifestyle.
- You feel written communication is an art form.
This is a full-time, remote, freelance position.
Interested in this position? Please your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter in PDF format.
In your cover letter, please share the following information:
Why are you interested in this role?
What makes you the most qualified?
What areas energize you versus drain you?
How can we be confident that you will excel in a remote, self-managed role?
Tell me about your goals (long and short-term), ideal hours, and monthly rate.