Linode is looking for a Backend Software Engineer who's looking to work on the Linode API in Linode's Product Development department. As a member of our team, your primary responsibilities will be to make sure it's performant and reliable. You'll also work on future features as they're added to our platform.
As a Backend Engineer at Linode, you will develop the REST application that powers the Linode Cloud Manager and is used by developers around the world daily. Improvement and performance are a primary focus of this team while continuously working to add features our customers need to keep cloud computing simple, affordable, and accessible.
Our work environment nurtures innovative solutions, rapid development cycles, and open communication. We're a closely-knit team with a focus on agile development and innovative solutions. We encourage and reward curiosity, ingenuity, and technical excellence.
- Operating System: Linux, preferably Debian derived distributions
- Programming Languages: Python, Bash
- Architecture: RESTful
- Infrastructure as Code: Docker, Salt
- Version Control: Git
- Database: MySQL
- Frameworks: SQLAlchemy, Flask, PyTest
- Methodology: Agile, Scrum, Kanban
- Best practices: Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Previous work on REST services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Contributions to open-source projects as well as public personal projects
- Previous experience collaborating with DevOps teams
- The ability to maintain live production systems.
- Philadelphia Office: HQ is one of Philly's coolest tech buildings; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press-release/past-meets-future-in-old-city-philadelphia/
- Flexible work hours: We have remote work options, flexible start times, and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit-sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A MacBook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we'll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We'll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from ten data centers in regions spanning North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful, and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.