Soko Glam is seeking interns interested in gaining hands-on experience and assisting with key internal projects. This internship will support the Operations team on a variety of projects. In addition, an entrepreneurial-minded intern will have significant leeway in shaping their own role given the variety of needs within our rapidly growing company.
The Summer internship program will be virtual/remote and will run from June 7, 2021 until August 27, 2021. This is a paid, full-time internship with an hourly rate and an anticipated time commitment of 30 hours per week (Monday-Friday 10am-5pm EST with lunch breaks; schedules may vary depending on function specific needs). Interns who are based in the NY metro area will have the opportunity to also work out of the NY office (1261 Broadway).
During the internship program, participants will be paired with a supervisor who will provide them with on-the-job training and projects. The program also incorporates additional learning components focused on professional development, exposure to various functional business areas, and the opportunity to interact with senior executives. Participants will also work on a function specific project designed to address a current company initiative and/or business gap.
Overall, the program includes on-the-job training, shadow sessions with our leaders, functional focused intern project(s), a book club, and other interesting components.
- Supply chain optimization: Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to recommend improvements to current processes. Create dashboards and to help drive the team to better objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Vendor management: assist team in transforming existing vendor compliance program, along with creating metrics to help track vendor performance.
- Process mapping: create a process flow chart of existing processes, and create SOPs for each process to help standardize and set up the department for future improvements.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain team, interfacing at all supply chain touch points by executing operational tasks.
- Assist with additional / ad hoc projects and tasks as required.
- Supply Chain Scorecard - ability to create an interactive dashboard of all operational metrics. Tying in all metrics from inventory, operations, demand planning, logistics, supply planning, etc into one report.
- Vendor compliance - revamp supplier compliance program. Institute a chargeback system that drives vendor compliance. This includes creating a chargeback system of penalties, communicating changes to VCOM to prospective vendors along with implementing the change with finance and accounting.
- Vendor Scorecard - take chargeback and compliance data and create a vendor scorecard which help drives sourcing and purchasing decisions.
- Process mapping - create a process map of the entire supply chain operations, and link various SOPs to the map in order to help standardize processes and lay the groundwork for process improvement.
- Currently a senior enrolled in a business undergraduate program and or student pursuing an MBA, other relevant advanced degree, or relevant experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- 2+ years professional work experience in e-commerce/retail or finance/consulting preferred
- A highly motivated, energetic self-starter who works collaboratively across cross-functional teams
- Data-driven and highly analytical with an exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, tasks, and responsibilities of simultaneous projects
- Excellent analytical, organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and self-starter with ability to work in fast-paced start-up environment
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Soko Glam not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.