Who We Are:
Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote's success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
As a Bilingual (Spanish and English) Inside Sales Representative with SelectQuote Senior, you will speak to people who have responded to a variety of marketing campaigns, conduct an extensive needs analysis with these customers, and match them with the Medicare products that meet their needs. It's an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
What We Offer:
• Unbiased comparison shopping - We represent over 25 A-rated carriers that allow agents the flexibility of unbiased comparison shopping, to ensure we match customers with the products that meet their needs. We offer Medicare supplements, Medicare Advantage plans, and an assortment of ancillary products including dental and vision
• All leads are provided – No cold calling or prospecting
• High earning potential – 1st year average annual income is $70k. Top agents make well over $150k annually.
• Growth opportunities – We offer leadership development training and we promote from within for those employees seeking career advancement between all three divisions, regardless of tenure
• No prior Medicare sales experience required – We provide highly compensated formal sales and insurance training to prepare you for success in this role
• Benefits – Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location
What You Need to be Successful:
• Coachability & willingness to learn - You'll go through an extensive training program to prep you about Medicare, sales, and SelectQuote so you need to be willing to absorb this information and put it to use once you're on the phone, as well as be open to constructive criticism about how to improve your process
• Competitive personality & an internal motivation - You need to have a drive to overcome customer objections and compete with yourself and other agents to succeed and hit new goals
• Time efficiency & technology skills - Be efficient with yours and your customer's time. Learn when to move on from a call and when to continue the discussion. Be able to multitask and manipulate multiple screens including our software system, quote engine, and carrier applications while continuing a conversation with the customer
• Self-directed – Top agents that work remotely are highly self-directed and are comfortable working independently and able to communicate using virtual communication tools
• Positivity - It's important to be positive in this role and not let your previous call affect your current or future calls. The next call can be the one that gets you a sale!
• Flexibility - You need to be able to commit to high-volume hours during peak season. Our agents make nearly ⅓ of their income during a 7-week period, and we need all hands on deck dedicated during this time
Training, Experience, & Necessities:
• Fluent in Spanish and English (both written and spoken)
• High school diploma or the equivalent is required, Bachelor's degree preferred
• Life & Health resident insurance license. If you're not already licensed, you must become licensed by a given deadline
• Ability to complete AHIP and additional onboarding requirements by a given deadline
• Hardwired high speed internet connection with minimum download speed of 20mbps and upload speed of 20mbps
• To be considered for a remote opportunity:
- Live in one of our remote states: AL, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WV, WI, WY
- Live 60+ miles away from one of our physical office sites (Overland Park, KS, Centennial, CO, Des Moines, IA)