Do you love finding answers in the data? Does telling a story extracted from a mountain of data sound exciting? Do you prefer to code analyses yourself rather than rely on others to do it for you? Do you have strong opinions on how data infrastructure should be set up and can hit the ground running? Are you looking to take the next step in your career in data analytics with a rapidly growing technology company where you can directly impact success in a massive market?
We are looking for a Data Analytics Engineer to work with our Digital Product team. We are currently developing a suite of digital services that includes mobile applications, web apps and IoT devices for our consumer customers and the providers who care for them. You will have the opportunity to be the first member of our data science team, getting to define the data analytics infrastructure, tools and practices for the company.
You are a fit for this role if you:
- Default to using code to answer data questions
- Understand how to build a data pipeline, including a data lake
- Have previously worked with medical or financial data
- Are comfortable being the first hire on our data team
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the company’s business intelligence solution
- Analyze and report on digital product activities through the entire customer lifecycle
- Code and maintain business reporting analytics and dashboards
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure relevant insights support marketing, sales, & clinical depts.
- Manage the company’s data, ensuring that it is structured for current and future use in reporting, analytics and machine learning
- Business owner of Google Analytics and other reporting tools and data sources
Define requirements for company’s overall data capture, analysis and storage strategies
- 3+ years as a data analytics engineer or related role
- Independently identify business problems and use data analysis to find answers
- Expert knowledge in SQL and deep experience managing relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience coding in Python, R, Scala or other languages useful for data analysis
Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Couchbase, or DynamoDB
- Expert knowledge of data architecture and data modeling
- Hands-on experience w/ Google Analytics
- Experienced with data ETL tools such as DBT and AWS GLUE
- Designed, built, & maintained data pipelines on AWS
- A challenging mission with an opportunity to create a meaningful impact with your work
- A fast-growing environment with career development opportunities
- A friendly and ambitious team whose main objective is progression, be it personal or within the company
- An international working environment, between France, US, UK, Latin America, Middle East and Asia
HOW WE HIRE
Allurion welcomes candidates from all backgrounds. We’re committed to a fair hiring process free from discrimination.
If your experience is close (even if not a perfect fit) to what we're looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
We’re all working remotely at present, and there is no expectation of being in-office until mid 2021 at the earliest. This position is full-time, with location anywhere in the Americas acceptable, though preference will be given to Boston-area candidates.