The engineering team at Flipside Crypto is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us build out and scale up our cloud infrastructure.
As a member of the Engineering Team at Flipside Crypto, you will be responsible for architecting and building out our infrastructure to support our data pipelines, APIs, and data science workloads.
Our engineering team has extensive expertise across data pipelining, distributed databases, at-scale web applications, large-scale front-end applications, and data visualizations. We work relentlessly towards our goals, and care a great deal about building quality products with a talented, authentic team.
- Design, build out, and manage our Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Build out dashboards that enable quick feedback loops for monitoring system metrics.
- Design simple tools that allow individual developers to deploy and manage their own code in production.
- Architect and implement a system for managing user permissions and monitoring system security.
- Collaborate with Flipside's data engineering team to design a system for deploying, testing, monitoring, and maintaining our Chainwalker integrations & real-time pipelines in production.
- Maintain the availability of our blockchain node infrastructure.
- Facilitate building a DevOps culture through increasing transparency, communication, and collaboration across development, operations, and the business.
- Work closely with our CTO and Director of Engineering.
- Strong experience developing and maintaining highly reliable cloud-based infrastructure using Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of backup, recovery, security, and deployment best practices.
- Knowledge of configuration management toolsets, such as Terraform/Ansible.
- Experience building CI/CD systems with such tools as CircleCI, Jenkins, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, etc.
- Experience with AWS services such as EKS, EC2, S3, RDS.
- Strong familiarity with docker and related deployment best practices.
Blockchain technology is often uncharted territory, but if you're comfortable applying your skills in unknown problem spaces, and excited by the idea of creating the standards of tomorrow, you'll fit right in.
Flipside Crypto provides business intelligence for blockchains. Flipside's proprietary process extracts all on-chain data and applies labels to transactions in order to identify on-chain behaviors for more than 60 blockchains. The data is accessed via self-service queries with a visual layer for business intelligence dashboards, to provide a clear view of real-time stakeholder behaviors and all token flows. These dashboards can be made public through Flipside's Data Cooperative or Community Consoles.
Flipside also rates crypto assets using FCAS, a relative value for measuring the fundamental health of cryptocurrency ecosystems. FCAS is accessed nearly 3 million times per day via partners such as CoinMarketCap, Messari, MarketWatch and TheStreet. Flipside Crypto is led by a team of experienced technology entrepreneurs with multiple exits; it's backed by Galaxy Digital Ventures, True Ventures, Founder Collective, Coinbase Ventures, Digital Currency Group, Avon Ventures (a venture capital fund affiliated with FMR LLC, the parent company of Fidelity Investments) and other investors.