We are SigFig. We're here to empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions. It takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions to be customer-centric, engaging, and intuitively designed that use technology to serve customers at scale.
We are committed to building impactful financial solutions that are accessible and affordable to everyone. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, we help provide people with financial advice and guidance they need to achieve their life goals. Whether it's through our direct-to-consumer or businesses to consumer products through partnerships with some of the world's largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have amazing talent solving interesting problems across our offices in Tucson, Calgary, Singapore, and New Delhi, but also remote employees in 14 states across the U.S
Come thrive at SigFig!
How You'll Make an Impact
- Oversee and execute on the timely accounting of all transactions of the company including cash receipts and disbursements and all accrual basis entries.
- Manage the month, quarter, and year-end close procedures, including preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis of results within committed deadlines.
- Review all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and capture support and analysis for each. Prepare support for revenue and expense classifications.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements using generally accepted accounting principles.
- Liaise with FP&A and business partners to generate, record, reconcile, and maintain accrual balances and monthly budget versus actual analyses.
- Assist with quarterly and annual income tax requests. File all sales tax, property tax, payroll tax and other information reports in a timely manner and ensure all required installments are current.
- Assist with the monthly and quarterly consolidation
- Support the external audit of the company's financial statements, including preparation of audit schedules and responding to auditor questions and requests.
- Maintain a high level of internal controls for the company and make recommendations for improvement.
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement within the close process and implement process improvements.
- Help establish and maintain financial policies and procedures.
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management.
Why We Value You
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance
- 4+ years of progressive experience in financial auditing, accounting, finance operations, or related experience (public accounting experience or CPA a plus)
- Solid knowledge of advanced accounting theory
- Advanced Excel skills and a desire to learn SQL
- QuickBooks experience
- Netsuite & Looker experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated track record for building collaborative relationships across all levels of the organization
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with Company Match
- $1000 Yearly Wellness Benefit
- Employee Recognition Program
- And more!
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: SigFig will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.