Who We Are:
Sensor Tower is the leading solution for mobile marketers, app developers, and industry analysts who demand superior competitive insights into the mobile market economy.
We serve independent and Fortune 500 customers alike, spanning the mobile games, travel & hospitality, music, finance, and broadcast entertainment markets. Our suite of products consist of free, “SMB”, and Enterprise-tiered solutions including Store Intelligence, Usage Intelligence, Ad Intelligence, and App Intelligence.
We are a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco and was a member of AngelPad’s startup incubator program in 2013. Our insights are cited by the world’s leading news and finance publications, including the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, CNBC, The Washington Post, and Reuters.
Data Scientists at Sensor Tower are hybrid data scientists and software engineers. You would take data all the way from doing initial analysis to building data pipelines to final model implementation and monitoring. Data Scientists take full ownership of the back-end of the products they’re working on.
We are looking for a hands-on thinker to help harvest new insights from our constantly growing foundation of quantitative information collected from the mobile app ecosystem.
- Prototype machine learning models in Python or Ruby
- Work with MongoDB and analyze query performance to ensure calculation efficiency
- Write tests for the implementation of machine learning models
- Collaborate with back-end engineers to understand the raw data being collected
- Collaborate with front-end engineers to create data visualizations for both external and internal customers
- Conduct ad-hoc data analysis based on requests from the Sales, CSM or Contents team
- Present results of various data analysis
- Master’s degree or above in mathematics, statistics, or computer science
- 3+ years applied experience in business intelligence, data mining, analytics, or statistical modeling in technology or mobile industries OR 2+ years applied experience in data science in mobile market intelligence
- Ability to write code that is ready for production (Python and Ruby preferred)
- Experience with adjusting data for biasSubstantial experience with databases, querying data, and data structure manipulation
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical developers and non-technical marketing business partners
- Ability to produce rough timelines for deliveries plus solid understanding of steps necessary to complete a project
- Ability to come up with a rough project structure from scratch
- Ability to critically analyse given data, ask probing questions, and perform own research
- Substantial knowledge of statistical modeling techniques
- Mastery of one or more statistical visualization or graphing toolkits such as Excel, Jupyter Notebooks, or Google Spreadsheets
Why Join Sensor Tower?
We were named one of the 50 Tech Companies to Know in 2020 and Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021 by BuiltIn.
After seven years of building Sensor Tower off of $1MM (Seed, 2013), we're excited to announce our $45MM growth investment. Read more about it here, in the words of our co-founders.
We have a birds-eye view of the entire mobile app ecosystem, and we keep our teams constantly abreast of the latest mobile app trends, news, and best practices.
Sensor Tower's Core Values: Customer-Focused, Innovative, Continuously Learning, Action-Oriented, Respectful, Data & Metrics-Driven.
We grant options to all of our employees because we recognize that everybody plays an integral role in our success; thus all employees should be invested in Sensor Tower (both figuratively and literally).
We offer unlimited PTO, Health and Wellness stipends, flexible work hours, 401K, team trips (white water rafting, Hawaii, and weekend Tahoe mansion trips to name a few), and more.
Our Covid-19 Specific benefits include: Stipend to set up your home office and/or gym, WiFi stipend, daily UberEats delivery stipend, and virtual team events.
Sensor Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.