Consensys Software’s mission is to create the new internet. We are a blockchain technology company building infrastructure, tools and applications to enable developers and enterprises to build Web3. Focused on Ethereum, the world’s largest blockchain, our technology enables our customers to harness the value of blockchain and consensus based systems.
The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
About the role:
ConsenSys Software Inc (CSI) is seeking a Senior Controller to help build and oversee the accounting and finance operations of the US parent company.
- Be responsible for the statutory bookkeeping, assist with US tax filings, and period closings for the US parent
- Manage intercompany transactions invoicing and reconciliation, assist with preparation of the group consolidated financial statements.
- Support the consolidate monthly management reporting, including analytical reviews, volumes statistics and KPIs
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders in order to enable business decisions
- Contribute to the resolution of complex issues on country level, supply critical information
- Create and monitor governance procedures to maintain a core set of management reports (e.g. DoA, control matrix etc.)
- Identify and manage continuous improvement initiatives for the controlling function
- Contribute to definition and formalization of procedures and spread best practices for accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury, and other finance operations
- Contribute to the development of ERP system and ensure compliance with global policies
- 5+ years of experience in public accounting or in-house corporate accounting
- Experience working at multinational companies, with management of international transactions in multiple currencies.
- Knowledge of US GAAP & controlling, preferably with an experience in a SaaS or software development business
- A Bachelor’s degree in business management, with a focus on finance, accounting or controlling, ideally coupled with a CPA/ACCA or equivalent degree
- Strong project management and are capable of multitasking.
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail oriented and hands on
- Excellent math, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel and G-Suite skills
- Helpful but not required:
- Basic understanding and passion for blockchain technology (industry experience preferred)
- Experience with ERP implementation and oversight
This position requires extensive stakeholder management and strong communication capabilities to interact with finance and non-finance personnel. You must be a relationship-driven and who is able to help strengthen the relationship between finance and the multiple business units. This position requires someone who is able to work in a decentralized work environment, Independent problem-solving skills are core to this position. The candidate is able and prefers to work with a high level of autonomy and self-management. This position requires someone who is able to work in a decentralized work environment and from a home office or shared work space.
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.