Engine Media is focused on accelerating new, live, immersive esports and interactive gaming experiences for consumers through its partnerships with traditional and emerging media companies. Engine Media provides a unique combination of gaming platforms, esports content, video streaming technology, data analytics, and intellectual property.
Engine Media's direct-to-consumer gaming brands include competitive gaming and tournament platform, UMG Gaming, as well as the sports cash gaming platform, WinView.
WinView, Inc. (www.winviewgames.com) is the industry leader in audience second screen play-along gaming during live sports and esports events.
UMG Gaming is the premier esports company in North America. Founded in 2012, UMG continues paving the way for esports as we know it today by providing online tournaments, head to head matches, as well as premium and innovative online events. For many, UMG is their path to pro.
Engine media is looking for a Director of Analytics to join our growing team. We are looking for a dynamic, self-starter who can shape the analytics and data culture of our growing company. The successful candidate will enjoy combining analytic skills with business acumen to provide our team with insights that drive our business and creative decisions.
- Support leadership team in setting top-level strategy for development
- Own all analytics related infrastructure, tools, and planning
- Work collaboratively with leadership and developers to interpret and present data that will provide actionable insights into the games and service to improve player experience and key performance indicators
- Produce regular reporting and dashboards
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Help script, maintain and create automated processes for pulling and reporting data
- Drive improvement in our methodologies, systems and processes
- Prepare and present ad hoc analyses and decks to senior management
- Be actively engaged in our service and develop a deep understanding of business including gameplay and economy
- Have a deep understanding of our data structures and how to manipulate our data in an efficient manner
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Define and develop measurement frameworks for production and design to measure and monitor their success
- Structure and lead regular conversations with leadership to develop and test hypotheses about player behavior and motivation in pursuit of producing a better player and advertiser experience
- BA or BS in statistics, mathematics, computer science or related field
- 7+ years of relevant hands-on experience in a consumer products-oriented industry; gaming, mobile applications, entertainment, cash games, or e-commerce is a plus
- 5+ years hands-on experience as a analytics lead (preferred) or data analyst
- Experience with Google analytics, Big Query, Domo, and Redshift a plus
- Experience with a statistical software package, R is a plus
- SQL skills, including experience querying large, complex data sets on a platform such as Redshift is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at various levels of business and technical expertise, including the ability to simplify difficult technical concepts
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects
- Team player and self-starter with the ability to liaise with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Passion for gaming is a big plus