Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets--spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here's why:
- It's working. We're now in eight states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We're well backed & stable. We recently closed our $40 M Series B fundraise and have years of cash runway in the bank. We're backed by some of the top investors in the world--including Google's “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It's not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we're still early enough in the journey that there's time to make a real difference during Openly's formative period.
If you'd like to understand more about Openly's mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. It's a bit dated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey we're on.
At Openly, we believe buying and selling insurance should be driven by technology and empowered by humans resulting in a superior experience for independent agents as well as policyholders. The Product Experience Manager for Billing will lead a cross-functional team to discover, define, design and deliver an amazing agent experience for the billing portion of our insurance portal. As an outcome-obsessed product manager, you'll be responsible for implementing systems that resolve billing concerns and improve the experience of our agents to receive their commissions swiftly. A day-in-the-life may encompass any of the following:
- Be the internal advocate for our customers by ‘getting out of the building' and into their world.
- Develop expertise in our agents' processes and identify opportunities where Openly can improve
- Use your Agile/Scrum approach to guide the work in cross-functional groups (Engineering, Agent Experience, Operations, Marketing, and Business Development) to guide the product roadmap and prioritize issues
- Leverage tools such as GitLab, analytics platforms, Figma and Notion to create meaningful solutions for our customers
As a growing startup, we are seeking an individual who is inquisitive and displays the attitude, aptitude, and amplitude to not only get the job done but grow within the company.
You're the kind of person that enjoys working collaboratively with people and helping them seek solutions.
- Software Product Management experience preferable in a regulated environments such as fintech and/or insurtech
- Prior background in procuring and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to drive business decisions
- A curious mind; you proactively seek out ways to engage customers and foresee challenges
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with designers and developers to deliver impactful solutions that drive business and customer success
- Ability to focus on deliverables that lead to desired outcomes
- Experience with accounting, billing or invoicing systems
- Experience with API integrations
- Familiarity with user-experience design practices
- Experience with in-product analytics tools ex: Amplitude, Pendo, Mixpanel, Full Story or other
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive benefits packages include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) contribution, flexible spending accounts, and work-from-home stipend
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- “Work-from-anywhere” company that has fully embraced remote working, even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Fun, high energy startup environment
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristics protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly, will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.