Aging Media is a growing boutique business-to-business media (B2B) company that covers the $7.1 trillion business of aging.
We are seeking a high-energy editor to help us cover dynamic skilled nursing and long term care industry for Skilled Nursing News. This is currently a $160+ billion a year industry and will continue to evolve as the baby boomer population continues to age.
You will lead our coverage of the skilled nursing industry, from breaking news to in-depth original stories that analyze trends. You will contribute and develop the editorial direction, launch new products, monitor your beat, cultivate relationships with stakeholders, hunt down important stories and manage your reporting team. You'll also be involved with a variety of other mediums ranging from live events, webinars, and our podcast RETHINK.
This is a unique opportunity to work with well-funded and dedicated entrepreneurs who have already built five of the leading B2B publications in aging services. While we are based in Chicago, we are open to remote candidates in the United States and are looking for the best fit for the role.
What you can bring:
- Proven writing, reporting and editing skills
- Ability to interpret and analyze business concepts, industry trends and major news stories
- Ability to build relationships with important sources and report on complex subjects
- Strong digital news knowledge
- Ability to manage a small team of reporters
- Deadline-oriented time management skills, with the ability to turn around stories on tight deadlines
- Bachelor's degree or better in journalism, English or similar field
- At least 5+ years experience writing, reporting and/or editing in the healthcare or related field.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision benefits
- Short-term disability and 401k match
- Dynamic, fun and hardworking environment
No phone calls, please.