divvyDOSE is a rapidly growing healthcare startup headquartered in Chicago. Our vision is a life where medicine does what it's supposed to, and people get the attention and care they deserve. We strive to improve the quality of life through innovative design and compassionate customer service that allows medicine to get out of the way of our customers’ lives.
Our vision is to fix and reimagine healthcare for everyone. Our mission is to engage customers by fixing all the problems around getting and taking their medications. We've taken the first step by simplifying adherence.
We’re now part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, backed by the resources of a global health organization working to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone. Are you looking for a way to create next-level results with a human-level approach? Then look at opportunities with divvyDOSE, where changing the world is just one result of doing your life’s best work. (SM)
About the Role
*This role can be fully remote*
As a Senior Product Designer, you are responsible for understanding the jobs and needs of our internal pharmacy and operations staff and creating products that help them be as efficient and effective as possible.
You will collaborate and co-create with product, design, and engineering teams to improve the quality we deliver to customers lives through innovative design and compassionate service.
At divvyDOSE, our work starts and ends with the user. You will partner with UX Researchers to regularly observe and gain a deep, always-evolving understanding of users’ needs and contexts. You will be able to tell their stories and solve their problems.
You are curious, innovative, and humble — hungry to learn and a desire to solve all the users’ problems. Scrappy yet think systematically and plan for scalability. Open, optimistic, action-oriented, and energized by making an impact.
We care deeply about the humans in our care and on our teams. We are committed to helping you gain valuable experience, broaden your skills, have fun, and feel valued every day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conceptualize, design, and deliver simple engaging experiences driven by user insights and data.
- Work side-by-side with product managers, engineers, researchers, and fellow designers.
- Design a variety of complex products and contribute every step of the process from discovery to iterative design to delivery and future vision.
- Produce design artifacts including user flows, journey maps, and UI mockups.
- Rapidly prototype ideas in order to demonstrate concepts and learn from users.
- Balance business goals, user needs, and technological capabilities to create viable scalable solutions.
- Communicate design rationale, user experience issues, and user-centered design practices.
- Contribute to planning and conducting usability testing and other user research, including translating user data into insights and opportunities.
- Help product managers identify opportunities, simplify complexity, experiment, validate, rethink, refine, and deliver.
- Implement design patterns, style guides, and accessibility guidelines, while contributing to their continuous improvement.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Passion for identifying solutions for people to have healthier and happier lives through a better pharmacy experience.
- In-depth knowledge of user-centered design principles and practices and interaction and interface design, plus familiarity with visual design, content design, and user research.
- Expertise and experience in creating interactive prototypes, wireflows, journey maps, and conventional design artifacts.
- Experience working across the project life cycle within cross-functional teams and designing within an agile practice.
- Proficiency with major industry design and prototyping tools.
- Knowledge of and experience with lean UX, design thinking, and co-creation methods.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the broader product ecosystem and ability to solve beyond the happy path.
- Confident and friendly communication and presentation skills, with the ability to break down complex ideas into simple explanations
- Strong critical thinking, analysis, and creative problem-solving skills, with flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Required Education, Experience, Certification, Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in experience design, human factors, or an equivalent field
- 5+ years design experience for responsive design and mobile app solutions
- Portfolio showing your iterative user-centered design work
In addition to a competitive salary our company offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans and contributes to an HSA annually.
We are a very collaborative group that is inclusive, fun, and hard-working. We appreciate the value in diverse backgrounds and experiences so that we can create the best product through different perspectives and ideas. Currently, several of our engineers are based in Chicago but working from home during COVID (and flexibility to continue that once we open up the office), as well as fully-remote engineers throughout the country; we strive to create an environment where you can do your best work in the environment and location that is best suited for each individual. As a member of our team, you can expect to work with intelligent, curious, and motivated peers who value and respect your perspectives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Employment with divvyDOSE is AT WILL, and can be terminated at any time, for any reason, by either party.
We encourage individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process may reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.