We are growing from D.C. to SC! If you live in the D.C. area there could be future expectations to work with clients on-site and/or come to HQ more occasionally. Those who do not live in the D.C. area this is a remote position with some travel required when it is safe to do so for occasional events and meetings.
Vault Consulting provides top quality outsourced accounting and full-service research programs to associations, nonprofits and the for-profit market and at Vault, core values are not just to splash on a website! We strive to find folks that not only believe in what we do but stand by our values of Flexibility, Accountability, Collaboration, Appreciation and Drive for Excellence!
We seek an experienced Controller level professional (8-12 year’s experience). Candidates should possess a high degree of technical competency and the ability to work equally independently and as part of a team. A successful candidate will have proven leadership experience, confidence and decisiveness. Problem solvers, self-starters and highly organized individuals will flourish in this position. This position will include general accounting consulting and special project work as well. There is room for growth - and we work hard to ensure you get the professional development you need.
Who you are:
- Confident: You’re a natural at conveying value, and you know how to stand your ground.
- Passionate: You love to sell, and you have the track record that shows you’re good at it. Think of Business Development!
- Adaptable: You’re positive in the face of adversity and love the challenge of an ever-changing environment.
- Solutions-oriented: You have a bias for action and don't give up easily.
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Pro-active, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, detail-oriented
What we need and need you to bring to the table:
- A dynami professional with a blend of eight to twelve years of experience in public accounting, auditing, corporate or non-profit accounting roles (note - title and compensation will depend on experience level)
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Accounting experience or knowledge of the not-for-profit industry preferred
- Familiarity with multiple commercial accounting software packages including Intacct, Microsoft Dynamics SL, SAGE, etc., as well as expertise within QuickBooks and excellent Excel skills
- Passion and commitment to providing quality client service and guidance
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
As a member of the Vault team, you will bring to bear your valuable skills and experience to help us continue growing our team and market.
- Develop and mentor less senior team members, providing training and guidance to assist them in building their skills
- Participate in the mentorship program and be an active member of Vault University
- Utilize Vault software on a regular basis for your own professional development and goals management, as well as the goals management for your mentee(s)
- Leverage business development opportunities as they’re presented
- Complete all Vault University level courses/requirements
Who we are:
- We believe in providing strong accounting, survey research and market research to our clients to help support their missions. We take pride in what we do every day. We want our employees to as well.
- Collaboration is not just a word at Vault – it’s something we do every day.
- Developing our people is a top priority – happy employees = happy clients.
The good stuff:
As an employee at Vault, you will have the chance to be involved in engaging work while advancing the missions of the organizations we support, but also have fun while doing it. You will not only have a great benefits package, but the opportunity to learn and grow through Vault U, peer-to-peer resources and Lunch’n’Learns.
The Legal Stuff:
We are an EEO employer. We do not discriminate based on any legal protected classes (federal or state) and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We do conduct pre-employment background checks. If you ever have questions about an open position, concerns or need additional information, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also encourage feedback on our recruitment process.