The Accounting Manager role is a new position as a result of our rapid growth. Reporting to the VP of Finance, this position will be responsible for day-to-day corporate accounting functions, month-end close, financial statement reporting, staff guidance and mentorship, and budgeting and planning. The Accounting Manager will play an important role in supporting the company's growth by working closely with the Marketing, Product, Operations, Legal and Development teams, to ensure accurate accounting, tracking and reporting of revenue, expense and balance sheet items. We're looking for a hands-on accounting expert, who loves to learn and be challenged, is able to work in fast-paced environments, is technologically savvy, and extremely organized. We are a true technology startup with changes happening every day so this is an opportunity to experience how a young company hustles to meet the demands of its growing user base.
- Perform and oversee month-end closing activities including the preparation and review of journal entries, reclassifications, accruals and balance sheet reconciliations and possible consolidations/eliminations.
- AR - Work closely with the Partnership team to calculate monthly revenue by partner and provide input on new agreements and contracts. Develop customer collection process and review AR aging
- AP - Approve and release vendor payments, manage vendor relations, develop payables process and provide guidance to accounting staff to resolve issues
- Work closely with our 501(c)(3) partners to distribute grants to qualified recipients and further develop process to track and reconcile payments
- Own accounting system (QuickBooks) and maintain chart of accounts
- Own and maintain accounting integrations between payroll (Gusto), banking institutions (SVB), AP/AR (Bill.com), and employee reimbursements (Expensify)
- Prepare and issue yearly 1099-NEC's and 3921's
- Supervise, train and mentor accounting team
- Look for automation opportunities and draft accounting policies
- Prepare monthly P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statement for senior executives and board of directors
- Analyze month over month expense and actuals vs. plan, understanding drivers behind flux, look for discrepancies, summarize and provide commentary to respective audience
- Work closely with VP of Finance and various team leads to build out yearly plan, monthly budget/reforecasting, and cash flow forecasting
- Track and communicate various business and revenue KPIs
- Assist VP of Finance in various fund raising activities, due diligence requests, etc.
- Work closely with tax firm and assist with tax returns and various filings (federal and state, R&D and Job Tax Credits)
- Prepare various and ad-hoc accounting/finance decks and presentations
- Package and submit monthly, quarterly and year compliance requests
- Along with VP of Finance, ensure all debt covenants are met
- Maintain open lines of communication with investors and lenders
- Develop and maintain strong internal control policies
- Administer expense reimbursements (Expensify), review employee expense reports for accuracy and policy compliance, and release payments
- Rollout, administer and maintain company travel site (TravelBank) and future corp card management tool (Airbase, Ramp, etc.)
- Review travel and credit card spend and develop meaningful analytics
- Along with Director of HR, own payroll system (Gusto) and ensure employee salary and benefit information is updated in a timely manner, resolve any compliance issues
- Request new state and municipality tax accounts as we continue to hire remotely
- Assist in future roll out of new ERP system (i.e. NetSuite)
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years in a general accounting or audit/assurance role. Big Four is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA certification not required but is a nice to have
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and accrual based accounting
- Strong computer/technical skills (QuickBooks or other ERP, Excel, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Desire and aptitude to work in fast-paced startup environment, easily adaptable in evolving situations while maintaining the ability to meet deadlines as required
- Demonstrated self-starter with an entrepreneur mindset (in prior work and academics)
- Team-oriented attitude to work collaboratively across multiple projects and departments
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to work extended hours during critical periods such as month-end, year-end and fundraising
- Experience with system implementations a plus
We value our Steady Team Members and are committed to their success. We are located in downtown Atlanta near MARTA and a multitude of restaurants. We offer competitive compensation packages and a 100% company-paid benefits package including medical, dental, and vision. Steady is a relaxed, casual work environment with flexible hours and lunch provided once weekly in addition to a weekly meal stipend. We also offer a generous PTO plan, 401K, and future growth opportunities within the company. We strive to maintain a positive and fun environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company.
Steady is a mission-driven business that helps people earn more. Through the free Steady app users can build & track income, networks, and buying power – allowing them to augment retirement savings, work around childcare responsibilities, pay down debt, save for purchases, and supplement their income from primary employers, while limiting their income volatility and better positioning themselves for access to a sustainable financial services ecosystem.
Every Steady member will build something different. We celebrate those who take the initiative to create a path that works for them. Whatever that looks like, Steady is there to support it, providing a stable foundation that allows people to build financial success over a lifetime.
Mission: Steady turns the tables by putting workers back in charge of their financial future with an income-building platform that creates financial stability and helps its users to take charge of their future.
For more information, visit us at www.steadyapp.com or on Twitter @TheSteadyApp.
Steady, Platform Inc. (Steady) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Steady accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Steady employees, Steady hiring manager, or send to any Steady facility. Steady is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.