You are eager to understand how people interact with the world around them. You uncover needs by listening closely and asking perceptive questions. You have good ideas for how things should work and you use data to prove (or disprove) your assertions. You have a keen eye for how things should look and you value simplicity and intuitiveness. It bugs you when something is off by a pixel, but you prioritize your work based on where you can have the greatest impact. You are excited to take on new challenges and be part of something small that is growing into something big.
We are well funded and growing exponentially. We are building the world's most advanced tools for retail and e-commerce. Our customers include local retailers such as Alexanian's, Fortune 100 companies such as Home Depot, and leading global brands such as Crate&Barrel. We are looking for obsessive and collaborative challenge-seekers to amplify our momentum and help us create an iconic Canadian tech company.
What You'll Do
- Establish and own our design system, including standardized elements, motion and interactions (our “look & feel”)
- Execute across all UI/UX design stages from user flows and concept designs to final mock-ups for hand-off to engineering
- Obtain and use data to make design decisions, which may include complex analyses and A/B testing
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Product Management, Sales, and Customer Success to understand the needs of our different user groups and adapt designs accordingly
- Have a systematic approach to design, including reuse of existing concepts, components and interactions, while considering the implications for engineering
- Ensure newly developed products and features abide by designs, and provide detailed feedback to engineering ahead of launch
- Iterate on concepts and revise designs based on feedback from stakeholders as well as data
- 3+ years of experience in a UI/UX Design role
- Portfolio of designs for shipped products
- Proven experience with establishing a design system and implementing design processes
- Fast and iterative approach to product design
- Exceptional attention to detail and focus on quality
- Evidence of data-driven design decisions
About our culture
- We work in tight-knit teams to maximize speed and cultivate an ownership mentality.
- We cherish curiosity and an obsession for details because we know these details are invaluable over the long run.
- We promote an environment where ideas are challenged. The best ideas win!
- We're hyperfocused on our achievements and our ability to execute on our promises. We act with urgency.
- It's not always about us. We give back to our community to ensure it can grow.
- We love to compete and have fun. Our game nights are legendary.
About our products
Our technology lets you see products in your own room before you buy. Imagine you want to redesign your home and have been searching for new tiles for your kitchen, or a new rug for your living room. You definitely want to make sure it will look good in your space. We enable that through cutting-edge computer vision technology, presented in an extraordinarily simple and accessible way. Try our rug demo now! Simply upload a picture of your room using your mobile phone, and slide the rug under your coffee table: https://www.roomvo.co/rugdemo4r
Our customers see a 5x increase in e-commerce conversion rates and a dramatic decrease in the time it takes for their customers to make a purchase decision. We are also reducing the world's carbon footprint by eliminating trips to the store and avoiding product returns, while also saving marriages -- now you can be sure you're buying the right product for your home.
About our office and remote work
We are conveniently located in downtown Toronto with nearby access to both of the main subway lines. Our office is spacious with roomy desks, comfortable chairs, and top tech gear. The kitchen is packed with essentials including healthy snacks, exotic teas and fresh ground coffee. And we are surrounded by great restaurants and food options. The only downside is we don't have any plants (yet).
Many of us choose to work from home, either full-time or partially. We encourage our teams to work from wherever they are most productive. We've come up with a few ways to keep everyone on the same page, including a quick company-wide check-in every Monday, remote coffee breaks on Fridays, and ad-hoc topical sharing sessions. Another big upside is you get to be around plants (if you have them).
About our hiring process
Now: You upload your resume and complete a brief questionnaire.
Week 1: We arrange a phone call with you to assess your abilities.
Week 1 or 2: You attend the first on-site (or video) interview.
Week 2 or 3: You attend the second on-site (or video) interview soon after.
Week 2 or 3: You receive an offer.
Take the Leap. Apply now.
Our demo, in case you missed it: https://www.roomvo.com/rugdemo4r