Focused on innovation, Techs Ray Vision, Inc. is constantly thinking forward and has extensive capabilities in systems development, integration maintenance, and support in the Federal Information Technology (IT) and National Security IT domains. Our goal is straightforward: we aspire to be a world-class provider of services and solutions to the federal and commercial marketplace by building trust and creating lasting value for our partners.
We are seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Manual Tester to assess software quality through manual testing. You will have the experience and understanding of working with unit, smoke, and regression testing to develop manual tests for web applications.
A successful candidate should be detail-oriented and possess complete knowledge of various defect management tools, database management systems, and programming languages such as Java.
In this role, you will be joining and collaborating with a cross-functional Artificial Intelligence and Accounting team composed of software engineers, developers, and designers.
This is a fully remote contract position.
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Look at the product holistically and rigorously test to find inconsistencies and issues that are difficult to test manually and automatically
- Collaborate with developers to create effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases and analyze results
- Evaluate source code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release / post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the development lifecycle
- 1 year experience as a QA manual tester or similar role
- Knowledge of various defect management tools, database management systems, and programming languages such as Java
- Experience in Agile and QA methodology
- Familiarity with Agile regression testing
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Experience writing queries using MongoDB
- Experience in working with Artificial Intelligence is a plus
- Demonstrate strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated to work both cross-functionally and independently in a remote environment
- Display excellent time management skills, good judgement, and the ability to make sound decisions
Education: Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
Job Type: Contract
Contract Length: 18 months with possible extension
Pay: Commensurate with experience
Work Location: Fully remote in Eastern Standard Time. Headquarters is based in the Washington, D.C. area.
Covid-19 Precaution(s): Remote interview process
Techs Ray Vision, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We celebrate our employees' differences and encourage applicants from all backgrounds without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.