Wintellect – Training Sales Leader - Remote
Wintellect was founded by a group of technology experts renowned in the industry. From the beginning, our goal has been to provide the highest level of software development, architecture, cloud and training expertise to help our customers “build better software, faster.” Over the last 20+ years we have become known in the industry for hiring the best and solving the most challenging technology problems.
Wintellect is a technology company run by technology enthusiasts. We are proud of the strength of our technical team, which is composed of Microsoft MVPs, a Microsoft Regional Director and multiple software thought leaders - our founders alone have published 15 top programming books. Over the last twelve months we have been investing in the growth and expansion of our business, bringing on additional leadership to scale. With this investment, we are looking for a new Training Sales Leader to lead account growth in state and local governments and in large enterprises.
When will I start?
Finding the right person is more important than getting someone quickly. That said, we are eager to expand the team - the sooner the better.
Who will I report to? Where will this position be located?
This role will report directly to our Chief Revenue Officer, Justin Cloutier. This is a remote position like all positions at Wintellect. We have offices in Atlanta, GA and Dallas, TX, and Portland, Oregon and team members from coast to coast.
Who will report to me?
This individual will largely be an individual contributor, but our entire team is dedicated to growth.. Our expectation is that this person will work closely with those leaders and the technical teams to develop a deep understanding of the business and leverage that knowledge to build their book of business.
What will I do?
We take pride in delighting our clients – our reputation for best-in-class delivery, along with our close relationship with our largest channel partner, Microsoft, has given us the ability to build a great client roster. This hire represents our desire to invest in the future and continue to build a world class sales team. We have two major sides to our business – custom consulting and training. This role will focus on engaging new and previous clients on the training side of the business. Our current focus areas are as follows:
- Machine Learning, Data, and Artificial Intelligence
- Azure Cloud Services
- Application Development and Modern Web
- Microsoft Certification Training
These represent core areas that this individual will focus on for business development however, Wintellect has the ability to train well beyond these core areas, supporting the full training needs of the largest organizations in the world.
Success in the role will depend on three key things. First, this individual 's success will depend on their ability to build internal credibility and demonstrate leadership. They should work to quickly develop relationships with senior leaders and technical staff by demonstrating that they can independently approach the sales process and truly own new business opportunities. This means developing their base of technical knowledge to establish credibility with clients and being judicious when bringing in experts to close a deal. Credibility will also depend on their ability to manage the details – they should be able to leverage our CRM to manage up and educate the broader team on new business opportunities. Strong communication and written skills are essential.
Second, they will need to quickly build their technical and business knowledge of our services and develop a strong pipeline. We expect this person to understand and be able to clearly articulate our core capabilities. They should know our success stories, be able to leverage them when talking to clients, and build a robust pipeline. Additionally, we have a sizable roster of former consulting clients who love the work we do – we should be reaching out more and engaging deeper.
Lastly, within the first six months, this individual will primarily leverage the relationships they have built with net new clients and some existing clients, to make a tangible impact on our topline bookings. Once fully ramped up, we expect this individual to generate $2M in training sales annually. We would like this individual to focus initially on pure new business (”hunting”) with the goal of developing these relationships into a book of repeat business. They should enjoy building ongoing relationships with clients to grow revenue.
What are the requirements?
It's not a short list but we want to get it right. From a cultural perspective, the right candidate will:
- Be trustworthy and highly ethical. They like to win but won't compromise ethics to get a sale. They will place the values of Wintellect and their long-term reputation above any immediate gain.
- Be an honest, direct, clear communicator who genuinely enjoys building relationships with their co-workers.
- Be, at their core, entrepreneurial, demonstrating the ability to be adaptable and happy in a high growth, fast changing environment.
- Have strong written and communications skills.
- Be comfortable as an individual contributor and demonstrate a strategic approach to leveraging leadership team members to drive sales. They will know when to bring in the “big guns” to close a massive opportunity.
- Be genuinely interested in the type of work we focus on. The right person will be intellectually curious and leverage that curiosity to pursue additional training and knowledge in areas that matter most to our clients.
From a sales and technical perspective, the right candidate will:
- Have a minimum 5+ years of direct sales experience, selling, B2B, enterprise training or learning with a successful track record of business development and an outstanding quota attainment history.
- Be able to prove the above with clear metrics. They should be able to recall the last couple of years of their personal sales targets and achievement to target.
- Have shown the ability to get creative with internal, highly technical, stakeholders in order to meet the needs of clients and drive bookings.
- Enjoy networking on behalf of their company. They will be a believer in the services they sell and wants to see others benefit from engaging with their team.
- Have a bias towards action.
Perks and Benefits
- We invest in our resources, helping you to take your skills to the next level
- Health, vision, dental package
- Performance-based compensation with bonus potential in addition to salary
- Fully compensated travel for work events and conferences
- Laptop budget
- Remote work
Our company is run by technology enthusiasts and recognized business leaders, and we are proud of the strength of our team, which is composed of Microsoft MVPs, thought leaders and published authors, and a Microsoft Regional Director. Along the way, Wintellect has developed a reputation as a world-class provider of software technology services.
In the training world, we are one of the top trainers on the Microsoft platform in the U.S., including for Microsoft itself where we train their product team developers and testers in Seattle and around the world. In fact, Wintellect has been the #1 trainer for Microsoft worldwide. On the Consulting side, Wintellect is recognized as a leader in mission-critical architecture, design and development, and has worked with major companies on large enterprise systems around the country and worldwide. We have even worked with Microsoft to develop some of their products and architectures.
Wintellect is a top Microsoft Partner, a Gold Azure Cloud Partner, and a Gold DevOps partner, with multiple Microsoft MVPs onboard and a Microsoft Regional Director as our President. We won the 2018 IAMCP Word Wide Microsoft Channel Partner of the Year award in 2018, and the Microsoft US Partner Award for Intelligent Cloud – DevOps in 2018. If you want to work with the best of the best, Wintellect is the place to be.
How do I get in touch?
Interested candidates should reach out to Elizabeth Abreu at Wintellect