It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Just two years post-launch, we have over three thousand companies using our platform, raised more than $40M of venture capital from leading VC firms, and are working with awesome strategic investors like Salesforce, Hubspot, Okta, and Slack. Best of all, we’re just getting started. In a market full of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam helps companies partner with each other in a more data-driven way by acting as an escrow service for data. Our platform allows companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners while keeping the rest of their data private and secure.
We have momentum, and we need you to keep it going. As a Customer Success Specialist at Crossbeam, you’ll join a fast-growing Revenue Team to take Crossbeam to the next level. With our team, quick thinking and problem-solving are paramount. There is significant room for career growth as our company expands on either the sales or customer success tracks.
You will be the front line of a customer’s experience once joining Crossbeam. This includes helping to get companies settled into the platform, qualifying potential growth accounts, communicating with high-level execs, relationship building, and managing their experience throughout the free tier of the product. It is a unique opportunity to work directly with a seasoned revenue team and materially contribute to Crossbeam’s success.
- Customer outreach. Connect with Crossbeam’s newly registered free-tier customers.
- Qualification of inbound leads. Identify potential growth opportunities for customers on Crossbeam’s free tier, collaborating with the sales team to identify potential for conversion to paid customers.
- Use case discovery. Consult on each free-tier customer’s use case and business objectives, and customized education on how they can extract maximum value from their partnerships on Crossbeam.
- Onboarding and training. Work with free tier customers to ensure that they can extract maximum value from Crossbeam and expand their ecosystem of partners on Crossbeam.
- Prioritization. Managing multiple accounts at once, you will triage and prioritize customer issues as a part of your day-to-day, ensuring the most critical issues are addressed with appropriate urgency.
- Ecosystem and partnerships expansion. You’ll develop an in-depth understanding of the partnerships ecosystem to inform the prospecting of companies that have partners on Crossbeam. Using Crossbeam’s admin and analytics tools, you’ll identify customers that are stalled in the onboarding process to re-engage and move them forward. This includes specific outreach campaigns and proactive account management.
- Customer support. You’re the first line of support for customers’ questions and feedback. Embracing a service-minded and solutions-oriented approach, customers will lean on you to help them get the most out of Crossbeam.
- Technical troubleshooting. You’ll partner with the product and engineering teams to solve customers’ technical issues and bugs. Filing tickets and following other internal processes to ensure that those issues are visible to the right team members and that they are addressed appropriately.
- Cross-team collaboration. Work with internal teams such as product, sales and engineering to communicate customer needs and roadblocks, and communication back to the customer. communication
- Product documentation. Coordinate with product marketing and product teams when necessary, to ensure that our customer-facing documentation is accurate and up-to-date.
- Product knowledge. You’ll become an internal power user of the Crossbeam product, staying on top of the product roadmap and new features as they’re released. You’ll provide ongoing feedback to the product team to help inform the product roadmap.
- You have a strong background in software sales and customer relations/account management, 1-2 years experience preferred in onboarding specialist, sales development rep, support specialist, or other related roles.
- You are able to build connections easily with people you’ve just met.
- You have strong active listening skills and enjoy communicating with others.
- You work best with a strong plan of attack. Your time management skills and ability to multitask allow you to come into each day with a clear plan of what you need to do.
- You are able to educate customers on software capabilities and best practices to simplify adoption and align expectations. You have a knack for explaining highly technical products (bonus if you have a strong knowledge of APIs!).
- You understand the process and importance of keeping up-to-date documentation within a CRM.
- You’re able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. You exhibit a probing mind and achieve actionable insights.
- You’re proactive in your approach and strive to bring new ideas to the company.
- You are always learning. You would never say “we can’t do that because that is not how we do it here”. You actively seek and address feedback.
- You are comfortable speaking with the highest levels of an organization with tact and sincerity.
- You have strong time management skills and understand that prioritization is an art.
- It energizes you to see success. You are an instinctive problem solver who thrives on remedying the issues of your customers.
- You speak your mind, have no issue raising concerns with other company leaders, but are also able to “disagree and commit” when things don’t go your way.
- When you don’t know how to do something, you’ll admit it and make a quick assessment of whether it’s something you can figure out, if you’ll need help, and where that help should come from.
- You are driven. Winning excites you and losing is just a temporary nuisance on your path to the next win.
- You enjoy working collaboratively with other departments such as sales, operations, customer success, and product teams.
- You deliver note-worthy first-class customer service.
- You just read this whole list and got more excited than concerned.
We go through the same interview steps for all Customer Success candidates to ensure equity in our hiring process.
Our process is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as to give candidates access to our team and learn about what it's like to be on the CS team at Crossbeam. Topics will range from Product experience to problem-solving approaches and collaboration.
- First-round call with a Crossbeam in-house recruiter
- A short take-home test which will involve you responding to customer requests to give us an idea of your aptitude for the role.
- The final Interview is set up to meet multiple folks in succession, here's how we break it up:
- 45 minutes with Head of Customer Success
- 30 minutes with Head of Sales
- 30 minutes with a Sales Development Representative
- 30 minutes with a CSM
- Built-in 15 minute breaks for you and us!
Our team has always emphasized remote work, with teammates in the Philadelphia area and distributed across the country. We’re committed to a remote-first culture, with all of our collaborative work happening on Slack and Zoom.
When we’re able and when travel feels comfortable, we’ll celebrate with team offsites and events about once a quarter, and welcome our remote team to join for some facetime whenever they can. In the meantime, we’re focused on creating the best experience possible for new team members from a distance.
This role can be based anywhere in the US.
Crossbeam is a partner ecosystem platform that helps companies build more valuable partnerships. We have an office in Philadelphia as well as a number of remote teammates across the US.
Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone has access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.
This is a salaried role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Parental leave
- Free Food & Snacks
- Stock Option Plan
- 401k Plan
Fully remote candidates are encouraged to apply. We have an office in Center City Philadelphia which we’ve closed temporarily due to COVID-19, with everyone working remotely. When we’re comfortable reopening the office, local candidates are also welcome to work from our Center City Philadelphia headquarters some or all of the time.
Crossbeam's core value of Equity sits at the heart of our hiring process, and we're proud to be building a culture where difference is valued. Applicants from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.