Airbase is the first all-in-one spend management platform that provides companies unparalleled control and visibility into every dollar spent. Finance teams deserve a solution that eliminates the tedious work involved in managing spend and allows them to focus on being strategic partners to the rest of the business. We do that by replacing the multiple systems typically used to manage spend with a single platform that handles every workflow including expense approvals and payments (physical cards, virtual cards, ACH, check), while also automating away the bulk of spend-related accounting.
Learn more about why innovative companies like Gusto, Segment, Doximity, Getaround, Netlify, and more trust Airbase at www.airbase.com
About the Job:
As an early member of Airbase's Risk Operations, you will define, manage and own credit risk for our SME lending program in the US. This role requires a deep understanding of the underwriting processes and a hands-on experience setting up decisioning (criteria and processes), analyzing/forecasting portfolio performance, and developing levers that mitigate risk.
- Define, manage and own the underwriting criteria and processes. This includes determining eligibility, loan/line size at acquisition, and line management over product lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain credit loss forecasting; share key learnings periodically and revisit credit strategies/loss forecasts using those key learnings.
- Review suspicious account activities, analyze trends, and take measures to deter fraud.
- Research emerging underwriting and fraud trends to innovate on decisioning systems and policies.
- Work with Product in ensuring a seamless customer experience — during underwriting as well as portfolio management.
- Work with other teams (Product, Customer Success and Sales) to build and grow a profitable product offering within managed credit risk appetite.
- Ensure acquisition and portfolio risk management execution in a compliant manner in partnership with General Counsel.
- You should have hands-on experience managing different aspects of credit risk (credit underwriting and portfolio monitoring) for SME (preferred) or Consumer lending products in the US.
- Hands-on experience setting up decisioning criteria, handling decisioning processes, and customer communications.
- Should be comfortable analyzing and forecasting portfolio performance, and developing levers that mitigate risk factors.
- Creating performance reports and presenting business performances to different stakeholders.
- Experience with data analytics using common tools like R or Python.
- Experience working with third-party data sources, like credit bureaus and KYC providers.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations (like FCRA, Reg Z, UDAAP) for consumer and SME lending in the US.
- Location: India/US/Canada.
- 4–8 years of relevant experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Nice to haves:
- Experience setting up a risk program end-to-end.
- Experience working in high-growth startups or on early-stage products within a large organisation.
- Experience managing people (directly and indirectly) in a fast-paced environment.