Developers at LaunchPad Lab do more than just write lines of code. We're product builders who solve meaningful problems alongside our clients. Our team has experienced tremendous growth in 2020, and we have some exciting projects ahead of us.
We're looking for an Apprentice Software Developer with a strong sense for building digital products. This role will give you the opportunity to work closely with our team of software developers to continue to improve your development skills. Our apprenticeship is designed to last three months, during which we will provide structured learning and mentorship. After the apprenticeship, you will be eligible for the position of Software Developer.
The Perfect Match
You thrive on collaboration, understand the process of iteration, and are excited about taking projects from inception to launch. You are eager to level up your programming ability. Most of all, you want to be part of a fun, challenging, and collaborative environment where egos are left at the door.
About LaunchPad Lab
Fueled by a team of passionate and driven product builders, LaunchPad Lab is a Chicago-based software development agency. We are intentionally small, skilled, and focused on our clients' success. Our Seven Constants are the values that drive our company culture and decision making.
We work in a collaborative environment where everyone is expected to be creative and contribute to building outstanding products. Each day at LaunchPad Lab is an opportunity to work with a talented team focused on making a difference.
About the Development Team
As an agency, we're able to work on a number of applications and different technology stacks. This allows us to create a culture of continuous learning from our experiences and solve problems through internal code reuse and open source - an internal effort we call OpEx.
Also as part of our commitment to developer growth, we’ve established a Development Ladder. This Ladder provides a framework and guidelines for how we continuously level up developers on our team.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with clients
- Ability to bring creative solutions to difficult problems
- Entrepreneurial attitude and a desire to build great digital products
- Must be located in the US
- Our company is based in Chicago, however remote is ok for this position
- Paid Apprenticeship
- Health Insurance (company pays 100% of PPO premium)
- Dental Insurance (company pays 100% of premium)
- Vision Insurance (company pays 100% of premium)
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- $1,000 annual continuing education budget
- Flexible remote work and vacation schedule
- All benefits are available immediately upon starting
Thank you for taking the time to read this job description. It means a lot to us that you are interested in LaunchPad Lab and we look forward to learning more about you.