We are a team of humble, gritty, and determined entrepreneurs who aren't afraid to make mistakes, learn quickly from those mistakes, and rapidly deliver innovative products that the industry has waited over a decade for. The team is comprised of open-minded individuals who aren't afraid to ask questions and dig deep into problems with a thirst for knowledge. Always looking towards the future, we look to elegantly solve the industry's most complex problems.
HaulHub is searching for an ambitious, forward-thinking leader to help achieve our vision of becoming the world's leading construction performance platform. The Chief Technology Officer will shape the strategic technical vision for multiple business units within HaulHub. The CTO will work collaboratively in cross-functional executive teams to continue driving HaulHub's remarkable growth. We are looking for a strategic thinker who can look at the big picture, foresee market trends, and understand customer needs to inform the vision of where the platform heads next. The right candidate will motivate and inspire their teams to achieve what others in the industry think is impossible.
Key goals of the CTO include expanding throughout North America while ensuring platform availability, improving software delivery processes, enhancing product resiliency, and optimizing our compute and network costs. Additionally, the CTO must grow and lead a diverse, world-class, distributed engineering team.
As the CTO, You Are Capable of:
- Leading the strategy, planning, and execution of the roadmap for the multiple business units
- Defining, evolving, and implementing HaulHub's System Architecture Principles
- Working and leading cross-functional teams while influencing decision making at the senior level
- Researching, understanding, and strategically implementing global technology trends which facilitate forward movement in the broader construction industry
- Maintaining strong, collaborative relationships with strategic customers, partners, and vendors
- Promoting a culture of innovation, tenacity, and humility; select and train high caliber new team members; continuously provide mentoring, feedback and coaching to current team members
- Collaborating closely with cross-functional business leaders to identify and prioritize HaulHub's goals for the success of the entire organization
As CTO, You Will Have
- Experience in running a 24x7 high-availability operation with demonstrable success in building out processes at a global scale
- Extensive experience in architecting distributed systems and developing enterprise-level technology roadmaps
- Intellectual curiosity and a thirst for knowledge that will guide your decision making as you help reshape an industry
- High-growth technology company experience with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to take highly complex issues and develop structured frameworks and concrete action plans to achieve world-class results
- A passion for changing an industry that is on the verge of a technological revolution
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to be personable yet tenacious
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with execution, and prioritize appropriately
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and limited oversight while performing at the highest levels
- Exceptional leadership skills, including vision-setting, coaching, mentoring, team building, empowerment and cross-functional collaboration
- 100% company-paid individual medical coverage
- 100% company-paid dental coverage
- Unrestricted vacation time
- Vision, Life, and other benefit options available
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.