Protofire.io is a dedicated sub-unit of Altoros, specialized in Blockchain platforms and Decentralized Apps.
As great enthusiasts and active contributors to the open-source blockchain communities we help decentralized protocols and developer platforms to accelerate growth of their ecosystems. We specialize in supercharging developer adoption and network usage.
Our team of experts deliver hands-on coding to ship applications, elaborate smart contracts, robust developer tools and improve performance/cost of oracles.
We are now looking to hire a cross-disciplinary team to help Protofire.io scale. As such, we’re looking for a Field Chief Technology Officer or CTO to oversee Protofire’s short and long-term technical and engineering strategy, and provide high-level, forward-thinking vision.
The ideal candidate must have robust experience working, and familiarity with blockchain products, should be a visionary, understand industry-wide best practices and current innovations, and display credibility and excitement - particularly in lending expertise to a high-performing and expanding team.
How you will make an impact
- Build relationships with the customers based on credibility and candor that result in challenging goals and clear objectives.
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction by frequently checking-in with clients and oversee that project deadlines and deliverables are met.
- Work with PMs and engineering teams to set clear project objectives and ensure they are met, handling the full project cycle from making proposals, planning and staffing the team.
- Be the main technical mastermind behind an emerging project, bringing to life a solution to real world challenges that should be secure, scalable and technically efficient.
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage.
- Make recommendations for product improvements, and any other innovations that could be beneficial within any/all company projects, based on technological research – explore new tools/technologies to improve development efficiency and product quality
- Provide strategic guidance of all technology and engineering-related decisions, including product/project roadmap, to maximize the company's future growth and profitability
- Work closely with the founders and the sales teams to evolve the vision, create, execute and maintain short and long-term strategic plans and translate business goals into innovative products at the bleeding edge of blockchain technology.
Technical team management and growth
- Build and lead highly skilled teams, advising on complex scaling challenges, and immersing in customer use cases and problems.
- Help the entire engineering team get better at what we do through building smarter ways of working and training.
What you need to succeed
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar technical leadership role
- We are looking for candidates who have experience evaluating Blockchain solutions. The ideal candidate will be a SME / trusted technical and architectural advisor to deliver blockchain based solutions.
- Strong technical understanding of leading blockchain protocols, strengths and gaps.
- Blockchain concepts, technologies, implementation, and operation with in-depth knowledge of Ethereum is a plus.
- Experience managing a diverse team of impactful engineers, ideally in a fast growing startup.
- Experience hiring and onboarding engineers working closely with recruiters as a team.
- Ability to build trusted relationships with clients and create long term partnerships.
*This is a remote position open for Argentina or other LATAM countries able to overlap hours with ARG time zone*
Benefits and perks of working with us
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance for you and your dependent family members
- 3 weeks of vacation
- 3 days of home office or remote work
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus for acquiring office supplies to support home office
- A friendly close-knit team
We come from different backgrounds but loving what we do is what makes us unique and brings us together. We thrive by building meaningful relationships with respect, equality, and integrity.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. Based on this premise, all applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Interested? Apply here