Clearance: Must be US Citizen and should be able to obtain a clearance.
Core Role Responsibilities:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining, and managing cloud-based production, pre-production and dev environments, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of environments.
- Build, release, and configuration management of the above environments.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products / services.
- Ensuring 24/7 system uptimes.
- Ensuring smooth 24/7 CI/CD and DevOps.
- Design, implement, and execute Backup and Recovery and Business Continuity processes.
- Design, implement, and execute security standards.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security using best-in-class cloud security solutions.
- Monitor maintenance and outages, assess impact, and develop strategies to minimize impact.
- Create and follow up on AWS / Azure support tickets.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 3+ years' experience with using a broad range of cloud technologies (e.g. EC2, ECR, ECS, EKS, Lambda, RDS, ELB, EFS, EBD, S3, VPC, SNS, SQS, SES, CloudWatch, Route 53) to develop and maintain a range of Amazon AWS based and/or Microsoft Azure based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- Core experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS / Microsoft Azure environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with machine-generated big data searching, monitoring and analysis using tools such as Splunk.
- Strong experience in the CI/CD pipeline using tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, SonarQube, Maven, TwistLock etc. Special emphasis on integrating the tools to form the pipeline.
- Strong scripting (e.g., CloudFormation, TerraForm) and automation skills.
- Linux and Windows system administration.
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- AWS or Azure technical certification.
Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
- OO Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills (Java or C#).
- DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server). Experience with NoSQL DBs
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile project management methodologies.